Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is my beautiful American Harvest Greenhouse (from Gardener's supply) after my neighbor hit a softball which struck the roof. The panels are double glazed with Tedlar on the outside - (treated to resist the UV from the sun) and Courtgard on the inside of the panel. The green house is guaranteed for 10 years and its is now 12 years old. I've really gotten my money's worth out of it and and totally happy with it. I can't say as much for my neighbor!

greenhouse-1.jpg

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow, very nice greenhouse, it is huge :). I think your neighbor should be more careful, it must be frustrating that his softballs go in YOUR yard.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Good Day Yvonne ~

:cool: Yes, a very nice green house indeed! What all do you have growing there? I would love to have one, but until I get out of this crap apt. living, I'll be stuck with my mini outdoor gardens, danggit!

And yes, I would let the neighbors know that should an accident with the softball happen again, they will be held responsible for the repairs. Once? Well.. okay, it was an accident; twice? Time to accept responsibility for your actions!

Enjoy your day, my friend ~
Purpod :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, don't you worry about that...he's going to pay for everything. My son-in-law is charging him $15 an hour and the replacement glazing costs $11 a foot. I wouldn't swear to it but I'd be willing to bet that he'll be more careful now with his soft ball. Its going to run him about $150 for this repair.

I only use the green house during the winter. Its too hot in the summer to have anything inside of it. All of my cacti and succulents get shoved in the green house for winter time. Then I put a De Longhi oil filled space heater in there. It keeps the plants above freezing.

Yvonne

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
LOL, Yvonne, I shoulda known better, eh? Good for you, Dear.

And yes, gotta save the cacti! I'm a huge fan of such & have many varieties in my area; when the rare below 32 happens down here, I just cover them with plastic bags to save them & so far, so good. Of course, when I move back north in another 2 years, I'll have to come up with some kinds of idea such as yours.

Have an xllnt day!! :D
Purpod

Status
Not open for further replies.