RI? Or something in nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire
Well, I am probably overthinking this. But I thought I'd ask you guys anyway.

My tortoise Toby, who is kept in great conditions (Better than her daddy!) and eats like a queen (Healthily that is) and has no health problems had a bit of a wheezing..or maybe just deeper breathing sound for about a day, two days ago. It wasn't too bad. But just much more noticeable than her usual breathing. And yesterday she had her mouth up, very very slightly (You'd have to look at her almost from underneath and very close to notice) on and off through the day. She's never (To my knowledge) down this before....She hasn't been doing it today so far, and she hasn't been breathing heavily at all. She's been eating normally, just as active as always...lately a bit more active even..Since it's been warmer out, I'd imagine? She has no mucous or any indications other than what I mentioned of being sick at all. One thing I did notice, the breathing heavily stopped after her evening soak..Which could have dislodged something she might have got in her nose? She's a digger, and I think it's possible she got something in there.

Suggestions?

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Nixxy said:
Well, I am probably overthinking this. But I thought I'd ask you guys anyway.

My tortoise Toby, who is kept in great conditions (Better than her daddy!) and eats like a queen (Healthily that is) and has no health problems had a bit of a wheezing..or maybe just deeper breathing sound for about a day, two days ago. It wasn't too bad. But just much more noticeable than her usual breathing. And yesterday she had her mouth up, very very slightly (You'd have to look at her almost from underneath and very close to notice) on and off through the day. She's never (To my knowledge) down this before....She hasn't been doing it today so far, and she hasn't been breathing heavily at all. She's been eating normally, just as active as always...lately a bit more active even..Since it's been warmer out, I'd imagine? She has no mucous or any indications other than what I mentioned of being sick at all. One thing I did notice, the breathing heavily stopped after her evening soak..Which could have dislodged something she might have got in her nose? She's a digger, and I think it's possible she got something in there.

Suggestions?

Sounds like she may be a bit dry... I would soak her twice a day over the next few day. Increase the humidity in her enclosure. If she is soaking she should dislodge it herself. Try the soaks and let us know.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I second Watson...

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
I'll up her humidity a bit. It has been quite dry out here lately? That could be it.

So it doesn't sound like anything too serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.