something in throat maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netc

5 Year Member
hi i noticed my tortoise had her mouth wide open like when she yawns , but she does it about 4 or 5 times and tries to scratch her neck with her front foot , shes eating now, breathing fine , toilets all ok , had baths ,do you think she has just got a scratch in her throat or something stuck , shes been doing it 2 days now every few hours when shes awake ? thanks in advance for any replies
net

netc

5 Year Member
so 60 odd views and not one bit of help , thanks guys

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi, am sorry for your problem. i do not know. i keep pancakes. you said you bath it. maybe another warm soak. it may drink. someone will be along to help you. good luck.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Have you looked down your torts throat to see if you can see anything? You can also offer a bit of mineral oil in a yummy bite size treat and that will help lube/coat her insides a bit to help something move along a bit easier....however, if she is acting normal in all ways other than yawning then I would not be too worried yet but I absolutely would keep an eye on her behavior.

Please also check your temps to make sure all is warm enough -- what is your average humidity? Does the tort do this primarily after awaking? If so, likely just yawning..

Status
Not open for further replies.