RF hatchlings are here!

Yo Adrien

Location (City and/or State)
Clearwater, FL
After much research on TFO, my enclosure is done, temps are in 80s daytime/70s @ night (TY @ZEROPILOT! :) ), humidity 80+% everywhere, and a biosubstrate with many plants, earthworms and roly-poly bugs, my darling hatchlings are here from Vicki @ Tortoise Yard.

Yo Adrien

Clearwater, FL
Thanks! I'm in love already! ;) I also got the approval of dog and cat while they were soaking in the sun today! Lol
They haven't eaten a lot, but some. I haven't offered fruit yet, gave weeds, greens, hibiscus leaves/flowers, & aloe to not get them used to the sweet stuff at first!

Attachments

• 1491078172416.jpg
    1491078172416.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 1491078190683.jpg
    1491078190683.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 28

Yo Adrien

Clearwater, FL
Oh yes, I just lowered the soaking bin to the ground briefly, as they were wondering why it was making noise! Lol A short inspection and they walked away. :)

Yo Adrien

Clearwater, FL
They ate a lot more today! Yard weeds and baby portabella mushroom, almost all gone in minutes!! And nibbling on enclosure plants!! :)
They are not shy, seem to like all areas of enclosure. I'm learning where they hide and sleep.
Wish I had a Torti Cam for when I'm at work! Lol

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
They are beautiful and so is your happiness with them! Best wishes for every success and long lives.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
They ate a lot more today! Yard weeds and baby portabella mushroom, almost all gone in minutes!! And nibbling on enclosure plants!! :)
They are not shy, seem to like all areas of enclosure. I'm learning where they hide and sleep.
Wish I had a Torti Cam for when I'm at work! Lol
Mine dislike Portabellas. But love other types.
Go figure.

Yo Adrien

Clearwater, FL
It's what I had on hand.. Trial and error at this point, right?! Hibiscus flowers, but not the leaves (even young ones), are popular. Even during soaking time!! Lol. It's so nice to just reach over and grab a bloom :)!

Attachments

• 1491353714414.jpg
    1491353714414.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 9