Quick Waterproofing?

Tchaikovsky

I need to waterproof (or water resist) my wood enclosure quick. I am intending to put some sphagnum peat moss in there which gets a little moist. However, I don't really have another place for my tortoise if it has to dry for a really long time. Any ideas?

Tchaikovsky

Most people use pond liner or heavy duty plastic sheet like a shower curtain to line their enclosures
I tried looking into pond plastic and it looks like I have to get a lot of it and it's like $80. Maybe I can find a cheap shower curtain..especially because I'm assuming that regular garbage bags won't exactly work?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Regular garbage bags are too thin and most designed to biodegrade reasonably quickly.

Look around online for pond liner, you should be able to get it for less than $80

You might even be able to get some free from Craigslist or cheaply from eBay

Tchaikovsky

Regular garbage bags are too thin and most designed to biodegrade reasonably quickly.

Look around online for pond liner, you should be able to get it for less than $80

You might even be able to get some free from Craigslist or cheaply from eBay
Everything that I'm finding is like A LOT of material. I only need like 4 feet. I thought the internet had everything! Ugh! (@ shopping on the internet, not you)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Amazon has pond liner for 30-40 bucks. Think 10foot by 7 foot. Might work form you. Also dollar store shower curtains can work for ya.

Kyle