price difference btwn leopard types

Ghazan

5 Year Member
What's the price difference typically between babcocki and pp?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
What's the price difference typically between babcocki and pp?

The average online price for fresh babcocki (normal) leopards tends to hover around $130. The price for this type is all over the place depending on the seller and time of year, with lows in the $80's and highs as much as $200.

I haven't paid much attention to the South African variety sales lately, but last I was interested they averaged $300, give or take $50 depending on the seller.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
like Neal said babcocki usually range 100-150 from most sources. I would be REALLY hesitant paying anything under $100 because it would likely mean your getting a failing animal and not a solid hatchling.

PP babies have dropped slightly in price over the last 2yrs. They used to retail consistently between $300-$400 pr baby but lately it's been more like $200-$300 pr baby

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I would be REALLY hesitant paying anything under $100 because it would likely mean your getting a failing animal and not a solid hatchling.

Not true in all cases. I prefer to sell my babies to forum members who have done their homework on the needs of a leopard, so I always sell below $100 to them, and my babies are never compromised. I have also seen members on this forum spend well over $100 and still received a failing baby.

Cost is a factor, but finding a reputable source is more important in the long run.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
like Neal said babcocki usually range 100-150 from most sources. I would be REALLY hesitant paying anything under $100 because it would likely mean your getting a failing animal and not a solid hatchling.

PP babies have dropped slightly in price over the last 2yrs. They used to retail consistently between $300-$400 pr baby but lately it's been more like $200-$300 pr baby

So that's why I had a difficult time selling robust three month olds at $85 each, you thought they were losers and not simply a good deal. I see how it is. LOL

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
So that's why I had a difficult time selling robust three month olds at $85 each, you thought they were losers and not simply a good deal. I see how it is. LOL
Guilty as charged ;P

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Not true in all cases. I prefer to sell my babies to forum members who have done their homework on the needs of a leopard, so I always sell below $100 to them, and my babies are never compromised. I have also seen members on this forum spend well over $100 and still received a failing baby.

Cost is a factor, but finding a reputable source is more important in the long run.

Very true . I just meant in general. Of course forum members are the ideal sources for babies.