Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Kim, how do you make the jam? I like the sounds of the strawberry peach jam. I wish I had gotten the red curry in Israel. I stayed away for curry because years ago, I got deadly sick with goat meat stew made with yellow curry. ugh...I was on my honeymoon and we both were fighting over the rights to the King Bowl! That was a real eye opener.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

sibi said:
Kim, how do you make the jam? I like the sounds of the strawberry peach jam. I wish I had gotten the red curry in Israel. I stayed away for curry because years ago, I got deadly sick with goat meat stew made with yellow curry. ugh...I was on my honeymoon and we both were fighting over the rights to the King Bowl! That was a real eye opener.

That sounds like no fun Sibi :(

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
The loo, the John, the crapper, the porcelain throne, the toilet, lol dare I go on?

I make mine from a recipe and it has the fruit, pectin, sugar, and water... Often added lemon juice as well. I wash the jars in a dishwasher then before canning I boil them and kids in a hot water bath to sanitize them and heat them. Then I fill and leave recommended headspace, lid them, and process in a boiling water bath for however long it needs. Then I leave them on the counter to cool for 48 hours, label/date, inspect seals and put in the pantry.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
And still nothing from Mrs. C. …ideally, she and Rob are done with the worry time and are enjoying some much needed time as a couple.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
It was a perfect 86 degrees today, my dogs all weigh under 25 lbs ( so washing is easy) and its tuna melts for dinner.

I am not a good cook!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RosieRedfoot said:
The loo, the John, the crapper, the porcelain throne, the toilet, lol dare I go on?

I may be dense, but I think I got it with just the term loo. ;)

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Yeah, I'm hoping everything is good with Erin and family...

Been thinking of her and Rand and hoping that no news is good news.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Me too. I've just been sick thinking about her and Rand. I got so testy today...well, I had a great debate going until someone got me mad. Anyway, I gave what I think will be my last comment on the topic (I hope). Yeah, Jacqui, the loo :p That was not pretty, and quite embarrassing. I never shared a King Bowl with him prior to that night in the Bahamas. All dignity went out the window.

I hope to hear from Erin soon.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Here is a heads up for you eBay folks. I just worked a package deal with a seller for La Crosse Laboratory thermometers with 3 remotes. These remotes have a range of 300' which for me works very well. The listing number is 300955608954 put this number in the eBay search and it comes up. I've never dealt with these folks, and I just ordered them, but they were willing to work up a package offering for me that was cheaper than getting them separate. Yes you can get them on amazon for less, but you can't screen for USA sellers in amazon, and these folks are here and you're helping Americans profit with your money. They are only offering 2 sets now, so if you want them, you should jup on them.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
So I decided to have a little more of that ice cream I had the night I felt ill and I have a raging headache. Just non stop throbbing behind my eyes that won't go away with water, ibuprofen, rest, or cold compress. I normally go for pure cane sugar or honey to sweeten things but I know now to avoid Splenda at all costs. I feel like crap and can't fall asleep because it gets worse when I lay down and close my eyes. Jeez...

Either the Splenda or me seeing a glimpse of Miley Cyrus' vma "performance" is to blame for this headache. Probably a mix of both. Blech.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Good morning, I too have been thinking of Erin, Rand, and family. That little guy is a fighter and sounds to be in good care. I am sure it's mayhem time for Erin with the kids starting school and all this time of year. I wonder when she can get her torts back too.

So I am up this morning because my big project I am working on had a critical delivery by 9 am with kick off at 5 am. I was like well let me be available to try to make sure it's gets going without a hitch. There's a hitch, we didn't get what we need to begin from a downstream system. Now my team is on standby waiting since 5 am. I have contacted everyone I can to try and get them what they need. They make me so proud, always doing what's necessary. :D
You can be allergic to splenda. Ask me how I know :D You should try to avoid it if it's making you sick.
I saw the whole Miley Cyrus thing and at first when I heard before I watched the youtube I thought it was the typical people making something out of nothing but man that was horrible. It was like a train wreck and I had to keep watching. People compared it to Madonna in the 80s and I agree she did some crazy creepy things like that book but this was just downright creepy and not entertaining outside of the train wreck. I felt like maybe someone dreamed that up on an acid trip.

Ken what do remote thermometers do? I have one out on my flag pole but I never look at the weather station thingy. I keep telling Mikey we have phones that tell us the weather if I click a little app but he likes having a weather station and a wind sensor on the flag pole. Maybe it's a man thing I don't get???

Well I was hoping today would get off without a hitch because I have a busy day of meetings and yet here I sit playing the waiting game. :p:rolleyes:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann said:
Ken what do remote thermometers do? I have one out on my flag pole but I never look at the weather station thingy. I keep telling Mikey we have phones that tell us the weather if I click a little app but he likes having a weather station and a wind sensor on the flag pole. Maybe it's a man thing I don't get???

I use the wireless remotes to monitor what is going on temp wise in my heated shelters outdoors without having to go out to the yard physically. Then, I also use them to monitor temp\humidity of the enclosed indoor habitats, again from the comfort of my couch. The daily recording of high\low is also a feature I like for monitoring when I'm not home, in that it can allow me to notice spikes or lows that need to be addressed. Hope that helps explain it.

The reason I'm happy about these units is the 330' transmission spec. Typically, transmission is limited to 50' or so. These work fine for my indoor habitats but they do nothing for my outdoor heated boxes.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
No not really XD on my phone it's really difficult. Did anything happen that I should go back and read?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using TortForum mobile app

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Hi Courtney!

Man I slept in.. Almost 11am, but headache's gone! Figured without work today I'd just let myself sleep it off.

Even if Miley was trying to be like Madonna or Britney she failed horribly. I never liked her or her singing anyway. Plus all I could think when I saw that guy was of beetle juice!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
So the house hunt is still going. The one house was okay inside but the room over the carport had a slanted floor which means it needs repair. The rest of the house we liked and the yard was great. The driveway was a bit steep and had no good way to turn around at the top except to drive around through the yard. But it was ok. If it were cheaper to allow for redoing of the garage/FROG that'd be nice but would also be very pricey.

The second house we saw said it had been completely renovated. Whoever's definition of renovated that was, I don't want to know. It had mold growing on doors and the ceiling and all the rooms in the house had different level floors (like wood floor in one room 1/2 inch lower than kitchen tile). The cabinets were painted plywood and in the master bedroom there were cutouts into the wall to the pipes for the shower and you could see them dripping continuously into the wall. Definitely one we want to avoid since you'd essentially have to gut the place. Most of the wood floors showed mold damage at the seams too.

In looking around we jokingly looked way outside the town we prefer to be in and found a 6 acre farm house that has been updated. Even has a barn and pond! Told my bf I could put my animal sciences degree to use and raise some livestock and have a garden instead. Part of me would enjoy having that much space but another part of me wants to have *some* neighbors. My bf isn't really a people person and was like, "as long as I can get internet I'm good".

The other places the realtor suggested we look at are a bit closer to the city and most of them have tiny lots. Not saying I need a full blown farm, but I want to be able to have room for a tortoise area, dog area, people outdoor area, and some raised garden beds.

Status
Not open for further replies.