Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Today cici ate a bunch of candy mike had bought for his candy dish at work. She has thrown up twice already.
We went kayaking and I made cauliflower lentil burgers for dinner which we very yummy with organic tater tots and organic mixed veggies. :D
For breakfast I made blueberry pancakes with homemade honey sauce and fake bacon. I couldn't eat real bacon even if I wasn't a vegetarian so this is as good as it gets.
Oh we kayaked for about two hours today. The calorie burning app says I burned 1200 calories but I think it's around 400 when you factor in all of the times I stopped and sunned myself like a a beached walrus. :p

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow Kerryann, at least you know how to enjoy your weekends:D

Kim, don't forget to take pics.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Sibi
Tell Kerryann to take lots of pictures . But don't worry about the back rounds cause we don't notice the back rounds. Anyway just the blonds !

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
We're viewing it Tuesday afternoon and the selling agent we're dealing with is very open on issues regarding damages, ideal updates to boost resell, and has researched all the properties. Plus he's not pushy at all so that's good.

Part of us hopes this home we like can be it, but another part of us goes.. Holy cow that's a lotta moolah! But, we will see how it is soon enough.

I should mention I got fresh peaches at the farmers market and plan on making some jam and canned peaches :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

sibi said:
Wow Kerryann, at least you know how to enjoy your weekends:D

Kim, don't forget to take pics.

I have a short amount of time to get in a lot of enjoyment. We are supposed to have 90 degree weather this week so I told Mike to leave the kayaks in the truck so we can go out a couple nights this week.

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Sibi
Tell Kerryann to take lots of pictures . But don't worry about the back rounds cause we don't notice the back rounds. Anyway just the blonds !

Thanks but what is a back round?

Cici threw up four times tonight. The first time was as i was prepping dinner. :(
Well in the last few weeks she has caused me to wash about half of my rugs which is good I guess. I think she had Carb addiction and needs a 12 step program.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
ImageUploadedByTortForum1377486099.847537.jpg

$12 for about 25ish pounds fresh peaches.

I thought today felt "cool" and realized it was "only" 83 instead of the usual 92 so I could do yard cleanup and not overheat. Guess I've adapted!

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kim, are those peaches from Georgia? They're the best! I can't get Georgia peaches where I shop. They're always trying to push California peaches which are nasty tasting. I wish I lived near you.:'(
RosieRedfoot said:
$12 for about 25ish pounds fresh peaches.

I thought today felt "cool" and realized it was "only" 83 instead of the usual 92 so I could do yard cleanup and not overheat. Guess I've adapted!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Actually, they're local South Carolina peaches. Which are just as juicy and tasty (just not as synonymous) as Georgia peaches.

If we get a house with land I want a mini orchard with peaches. Rosie my tort loves peaches more than even Mazuri or strawberries. I walked into the room eating peach and she ran to the food slate and stretched her neck up at me. I gave her a piece and she snatched it from me and almost swallowed it whole.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Oh man I love peaches but I'm so allergic to them. They are so delicious. I'm salivating over here.

Ah back ground :) I thought maybe it was a new term I wasn't hip to.

Off to work for me now :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ty...glad to see you here on the pretend chat thread.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. Glad you joined the chatters here. Tell us a little about yourself.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's a heat index of 98 here. :( Have I mentioned I dislike hot temps? Taking a sweat drying off break infront of my fan for a wee bit... okay so it may last longer then a wee bit :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I bathed all three dogs today by myself. Amazing feat considering both the labs are deathly afraid of bath water. But, it smells considerably better now. I don't remember their last baths. I think it was maybe January of this year? Last professional groom was almost a year ago. Ew. I bought a hand held shower nozzle on clearance so I could finally bathe them.

I'm making stir fry tonight. But trying to think what to make tomorrow too. Hmm... Maybe pizza from scratch so the dough can be rising while I can up peaches after house tours. I need to can up my own pizza and pasta red sauces too when tomatoes are in season.

Maybe I should make a Thai red curry pizza. Hmm...

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh, Kim, you're killing me. What do you do for a Thai pizza? I too make my own sauce from scratch. But, I don't can. I don't know how. I always wanted to, but had no one to teach me.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
It's a heat index of 98 here. :( Have I mentioned I dislike hot temps? Taking a sweat drying off break infront of my fan for a wee bit... okay so it may last longer then a wee bit :D

It was so nice and warm here. I love the heat. I could sit outside and bake myself.

sibi said:
Oh, Kim, you're killing me. What do you do for a Thai pizza? I too make my own sauce from scratch. But, I don't can. I don't know how. I always wanted to, but had no one to teach me.

I would use a peanut butter sauce, I'd use coconut oil, basil, salt, garlic, and peanut butter to make the sauce. Maybe use soy sauce instead of salt??? wooo and some curry or ginger. :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I was thinking coconut milk with curry paste, basil, fish sauce, brown sugar fir a sauce then topped with chicken, peppers, pineapple, and onion.

Dunno, not sure yet :p

I prefer red or yellow curry over peanut based ones. Just looking at my red curry paste I thought it looked kind of like pizza sauce.

I think I'll make raspberry peach jam and strawberry peach jam though.

Status
Not open for further replies.