Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, I never did get around to cleaning out the snapper's filter. Ho Hum. I took a day off today and didn't do much more than two loads of laundry. I went over and visited my daughter for a short while. Watched my son-in-law toss the ball for his herd of Jack Russell terriers. He uses a Chuck-it and really tosses it quite far. As soon as he picks up the ball with the Chuck-it, the dogs start running.

The rest of the day I folded clothes and watched old TV shows. I'm watching The Cleaner with Ben Bratt. He's quite cute, but a bit on the thin side for my taste.

We're having beautiful Autumn weather here. The days are high 70's to low 80's and overnight it dips down into the high 50's. It's actually quite pleasant.

'night all!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yvonne and everyone else. I've found a wonderful episode of Nature tonight on opb. It's called "The Soul of the Elephant" and it's just fantastic. I recommend it to everyone. It can be purchased for $2.99 in HD on iTunes for your iPhone or iPad or view it for free by going to http://pbs.org/nature
You'll have a screen like this at the top ;ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1445840138.311644.jpg and this at the bottom ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1445840203.665772.jpg I've not done this method of viewing but I'm sure it's fine. The upcoming episodes on pets looks good, but other than birds, the pets are the warm fuzzy type. Let me know if you watch it and what you think of it.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hey Ken, did JB win The PBR? I totally forgot about it. It's been a sad day around here, my friends husband was killed last night. He was hit by a car when he was walking along the road. Things like that really puts life into perspective I guess. 50 years old, and I think they had five kids. They had adopted two or three.
Very sorry to have read that. :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hey Ken, did JB win The PBR? I totally forgot about it. It's been a sad day around here, my friends husband was killed last night. He was hit by a car when he was walking along the road. Things like that really puts life into perspective I guess. 50 years old, and I think they had five kids. They had adopted two or three.

Very sad.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This morning Jeff text me at 6am to tell me the moon was beautiful (which I had told him the night before). I crawled out from under my nice warm sleeping bag, found the moon and he was right. Here it looked like a silverish white setting sun. Was worth leaving my warm cocoon to see.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
For the most part yes . But my middle son hurt his foot . Was last week running the ball and a kid cut him at the ankle . The end of football for him this year . He can't play his last game .

That is sad, but he will be able to play next year?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
No, I know his wife. And a little bit of his extended family. I am good friends with his brother in law. But they go to my church and it has really hit the community pretty hard. The person who hit him is also devastated. And also a well-known person in the community. As of right now they don't think alcohol or drugs were involved, just a terrible accident.

How sad for everyone involved:(
I hate stories like this. We hear about them all to often on the news.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Good morning Mike Taylor!
You have been a stranger.
What's going on in your world?

I hope your son can play next year.
Was his ankle broken? That happened to my son in soccer, the kid went for the ball and missed.
My son was out for the season with a broken ankle.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
When Jeff was home, he tried picking up one of the feral kittens. Of course the poor thing had no idea Jeff meant him no harm, as no person had ever picked him up. The kitten nailed Jeff good. Since then this kitten has started joining the big cats in the backyard with me. He also has no problem being picked up and given a bit of love and attention. I told Jeff he got all wild out on him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne and everyone else. I've found a wonderful episode of Nature tonight on opb. It's called "The Soul of the Elephant" and it's just fantastic. I recommend it to everyone. It can be purchased for $2.99 in HD on iTunes for your iPhone or iPad or view it for free by going to http://pbs.org/nature
You'll have a screen like this at the top ;View attachment 153755 and this at the bottom View attachment 153756 I've not done this method of viewing but I'm sure it's fine. The upcoming episodes on pets looks good, but other than birds, the pets are the warm fuzzy type. Let me know if you watch it and what you think of it.

I have a hard time with nature shows. I feel helpless and really don't like to see cruelty or nature's starvation/hardships. I love the animals and the photography, but really can't take the sob stuff.

Morning all :)

And a very bright, "Good Morning!" to you, too!!

...and to you!

Good morning!

Hey, Jacqui! Still having "indoor" weather in your neck of the woods?

When Jeff was home, he tried picking up one of the feral kittens. Of course the poor thing had no idea Jeff meant him no harm, as no person had ever picked him up. The kitten nailed Jeff good. Since then this kitten has started joining the big cats in the backyard with me. He also has no problem being picked up and given a bit of love and attention. I told Jeff he got all wild out on him.

I love little kittens. It's so hard to say, "NO!!" when my daughter tells me of stray cats hanging around her school kitchen.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I have a hard time with nature shows. I feel helpless and really don't like to see cruelty or nature's starvation/hardships. I love the animals and the photography, but really can't take the sob stuff.
This is the importance of this show. The couple out in the bush, have been living there for 30 years. They come on two intact bull elephant skeletons. The ivory is still there so they know they died naturally. No human had been there for at least 2 years. These Bulls were 70 years old or so, and this couple sets out to follow the herd. Very good, educational episode indeed.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
anyone catch jeopardy last night? the answer to a picture of a flower was what people on the left are sometimes called was supposed to be bleeding heart but someone answered pansy :) hilarious

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
anyone catch jeopardy last night? the answer to a picture of a flower was what people on the left are sometimes called was supposed to be bleeding heart but someone answered pansy :) hilarious

I never miss it! I even watch the re-run they show on Saturday. I think Alex was cracking up about "pansy" before the answer was exposed on the show. Pretty funny.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Good guess though