Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Sorry David but I've simply got to say it here. I went to bed last night and the weather guessers were saying we'd wake up to solid rain showers here. I woke to the sun coming in the windows and almost 40°f outside. By 10:30 am the storm hit us and it's been a steady shower since. In theory we'll get 1/2"-3/4" of rain from this system before it's done and this type of rain, gentle, and easy will go far to greening up our place. And I don't think it got above 60°f here today.
I did get a ride to the grocery store for food but the gal I've got a hankering for wasn't there today. And last I saw her she mutually agreed the having food like dead cow, would be a good thing.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
even though we're in different countries we're there for each other right now we have to be. my grandma has an infection its septic very bad plus this morning they found cancerous lumps in her long and rectum so the news isn't good and the outlook right now isn't good. we're waiting to hear from the oncologist

That's not good. I'm so sorry, David. How old is she? Are you close? I hope there's not too much suffering.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Hey Ken, did JB win The PBR? I totally forgot about it. It's been a sad day around here, my friends husband was killed last night. He was hit by a car when he was walking along the road. Things like that really puts life into perspective I guess. 50 years old, and I think they had five kids. They had adopted two or three.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That's not good. I'm so sorry, David. How old is she? Are you close? I hope there's not too much suffering.
she just turned 81 we're very close I was the first grandson born so I was a little spoiled :) prognosis is not good even if she overcomes this massive infection which is septic she still got the cancer. it's kind of sad how we end our lives this way sick and feeble.we are sort of going one day at a time right now not much else to do

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
she just turned 81 we're very close I was the first grandson born so I was a little spoiled :) prognosis is not good even if she overcomes this massive infection which is septic she still got the cancer. it's kind of sad how we end our lives this way sick and feeble.we are sort of going one day at a time right now not much else to do
Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear. :(

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Is your son fully recovered from his accident?
For the most part yes . But my middle son hurt his foot . Was last week running the ball and a kid cut him at the ankle . The end of football for him this year . He can't play his last game .

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hey Ken, did JB win The PBR? I totally forgot about it.
Here's your "in a nutshell" version;

LAS VEGAS – After winning the 2015 PBR World Championship on Saturday and finishing in second place in the 2015 PBR Built Ford Tough World Finals, J.B. Mauney (Mooresville, North Carolina) became the richest Western sports athlete in history with total career earnings of $6,708,492.
Mauney’s $1 million World Championship bonus, Round 1 and Round 4 wins, and second-place finish in the five-day World Finals netted him a check for $1,197,500, giving him total earnings of $1,540,942 in 2015.
Rookie of the Year runner-up Cooper Davis (Jasper, Texas) became the 2015 PBR (Professional Bull Riders) World Finals event winner on Sunday afternoon at the Thomas & Mack Center during Round 5 of the PBR Built Ford Tough World Finals

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tina,
As for your reason for forgetting to watch, I'm so very sorry and as bad as it sounds, I'm hoping the two of you weren't too close.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Tina,
As for your reason for forgetting to watch, I'm so very sorry and as bad as it sounds, I'm hoping the two of you weren't too close.
No, I know his wife. And a little bit of his extended family. I am good friends with his brother in law. But they go to my church and it has really hit the community pretty hard. The person who hit him is also devastated. And also a well-known person in the community. As of right now they don't think alcohol or drugs were involved, just a terrible accident.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Here's your "in a nutshell" version;

LAS VEGAS – After winning the 2015 PBR World Championship on Saturday and finishing in second place in the 2015 PBR Built Ford Tough World Finals, J.B. Mauney (Mooresville, North Carolina) became the richest Western sports athlete in history with total career earnings of $6,708,492.
Mauney’s $1 million World Championship bonus, Round 1 and Round 4 wins, and second-place finish in the five-day World Finals netted him a check for $1,197,500, giving him total earnings of $1,540,942 in 2015.
Rookie of the Year runner-up Cooper Davis (Jasper, Texas) became the 2015 PBR (Professional Bull Riders) World Finals event winner on Sunday afternoon at the Thomas & Mack Center during Round 5 of the PBR Built Ford Tough World Finals
Risk their lives just to earn a paycheck and he makes less than some of these other guys who work for about 10 minutes a weekend. Maybe other athletes would try a little harder if they got paid based on their performance. Just a thought. $50 million plus is just ridiculous for these athletes to be making. Baseball football basketball etc. those guys have it made in the shade compared to bullrider's and rodeo riders.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
None of my animals have ever made me money, well maybe the chickens do when I saw their eggs but I don't make enough to actually pay for their care.
When I had chickens, I'd sell the eggs and never was able to cover the feed cost. Even factoring in the money I saved not buying eggs.