Garden chat & photos for torts and people ♫ ♫

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Took a nice walk around the yard today to see what's growing. The air was nice and cool but the sun was warm; a perfect combo. All the animals were out! The trout lilies have finished blooming now but here's a photo from about a week and a half ago.

Trout_lilies.jpg

The wood poppies are still out and look pretty happy. I think they got bigger.

wood_poppy.jpg

The redbuds have flower buds but they're not open yet, so I'll check back later. I encountered a big frog on my way there. Northern leopard frog, I believe.

Frog.jpg

Apple blossoms are out in our little orchard. We did a lot of tree trimming on them this year. One of our cherry trees was covered in blossoms and just buzzing with bees!

apple_blossoms.jpg

A cute snake my husband saw the other day but I missed it. I'm hoping to see more snakes this year. Husband finally saw the weasel out there with me today! Weasel was harder to try to get a photo of though. It was cute and very curious about us. Probably a short-tailed or long-tailed weasel.

snake.jpg

Lots of other plants are coming up or budding. The musclewood tree we planted last year looks great so far this spring with lots of leaves. We also removed fencing (which we put up because we have way too many deer that eat everything) around 4 eastern red cedar trees. They outgrew their fencing super fast in the past 2 or 3 years, growing from about 1 foot tall when we planted them to maybe 4 feet now. It doesn't look like the deer have been eating the new growth on them, but nothing really stops them. When shopping for plants, always take that "deer-resistant" note with a grain of salt!

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
I wish I had similar photos to share from my garden. Unfortunately "back winter" has struck us here in Finland, and there is a couple of inches of fresh snow. Not to mention that there is about two feet of snow in some parts of my garden, since it is quite shady. Ground is still too frozen to dig. I can't wait to be able to plant my crops outside and start building an outdoor enclosure with edible plants for my tort