Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Here's hoping a terrific Tuesday in on tap for all of you.:):tort::<3::tort:

It has to be terrific. NCIS is on tonight!!!

I'm having a hay fever attack this a.m. The next time I put up a picture on the new what do you look like thread, you'll see a picture of an old lady with no nose. I'm sneezing my nose off.

The winning pictures for the calendar have been identified. It was refreshing to see some winners that are fairly new posters here on the Forum.

Anybody read any good books lately? Can you share? I'm about out of reading material.

I guess today I'll string up some of those tiny white christmas tree lights over my Euphorbia tree on the front porch. The tree is too big to move into the greenhouse, but Euphorbia plants aren't supposed to be allowed to get any colder than about 50F degrees, so I string the lights around it and wrap it in plastic sheeting. This has worked for the past three winters. The plant is doing nicely. In fact, I'm going to have to re-pot it in the spring. This was last year:

Euphorbia 12-13-14.jpg

You can barely see a couple of the lights in there.

What's going on in your lives today?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Right now, I am on my swing, legs under the sleeping bag, a cat who showed up about a year ago and I have yet to touch, is laying on my ankles. I have a hoodie on with the hood over my head (yes it is chilly).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The cat's sharing your swing, but can you reach down and touch it? Baby steps - YEA!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I made a change to my insurance coverage for next year, and I just found out that my doctor isn't on the plan I chose. Darn, darn and double darn. I've been with this same doctor for more than 20 years. I wonder if I can still use him...isn't there something called opt out? I'm on hold right now with my carrier - have been for the last 10 minutes. So tired of listening to that tinny music!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The cat's sharing your swing, but can you reach down and touch it? Baby steps - YEA!

He was watching me closely, so I did not try. I did talk to him and moved my hand a little closer to him. These last few days I have touched, no more like actually petted, two of my long term never touched ferals.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What's the weather like today, Jacqui? Are you able to be working outside?

I've sprayed a little Round-Up outside the fence, done a bit of raking and sweeping. Picked up some poop, loved on the dog. Was on hold for about a half hour only to learn that if I choose to use a doctor that's "out of the network," I will have to pay his full costs. Bummer. Now it's time to fix Misty's lunch, think about what I want (to cook or not to cook), then veg the rest of the day away.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He was watching me closely, so I did not try. I did talk to him and moved my hand a little closer to him. These last few days I have touched, no more like actually petted, two of my long term never touched ferals.

this makes me wonder if you might have sleeping guests with you when you're asleep.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
today is National American Beer Day go out celebrate

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Never could understand the attraction some people have for the taste of either beer or coffee. Bletch-h-h! I can hack a bit of coffee candy occasionally, but to drink? Ugh. And beer? Other than what it does FOR you, why would anyone ever want to put such awful tasting stuff in their mouths?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Never could understand the attraction some people have for the taste of either beer or coffee. Bletch-h-h! I can hack a bit of coffee candy occasionally, but to drink? Ugh. And beer? Other than what it does FOR you, why would anyone ever want to put such awful tasting stuff in their mouths?

Completely agree with you. If only coffee could taste as good as it smells.

Last edited:

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Enjoying being a coach?
I love it. My wife doesn't like though. Intent to obsess over things once I take on a project. It makes me good at what I do but then my wife complained on how much time it takes me lol. That's why I backed off this site some. The wife was complaining about how much time I spent on here and started resenting the tortoises.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love it. My wife doesn't like though. Intent to obsess over things once I take on a project. It makes me good at what I do but then my wife complained on how much time it takes me lol. That's why I backed off this site some. The wife was complaining about how much time I spent on here and started resenting the tortoises.

It can be heard to strike a happy medium for all.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Yeah. I think I just need to learn not to obsess over everything I do. I have control issues, lol

Need to let go of the reins every now and then I guess.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yeah. I think I just need to learn not to obsess over everything I do. I have control issues, lol

Need to let go of the reins every now and then I guess.

That takes time and practice. You will get there.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
tomorrow October 28th is international I love you day. so I just wanted to tell you all ahead of time I don't love you I never will hate hate hate hate hate.
that is all. I just don't conform to society's norms. Nothing personal