PLS pray for us !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We found our dream apartment last night.....but the estate agent told us that its for 3 cheques meaning, you dnt pay monthly rent, you pay the rent every four months, which we definitely cannot do. BUT she JUST called me to say that she thought about it, and is contacting the owner of the place today, to find out if he'll do 12 cheques, as in paying monthly !!!!!!! Boy oh boy I can't concentrate on work now. She said I mustn't get my hopes up, but the fact that its a possibility is amazing already. Pray pray pray !!! :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Ohhh Stace :D
That is so exciting, I will pray for you guys. Please let us know when you got the answer.
GOOD LUCK :D

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks so much my friend !!! We need all the prayers. This place is just SO amazing, brand new, and its so beautiful ! I promise I will let you know as SOON as I know !!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Stace, shame on you. You scared me to death. I thought something was dreadfully wrong! :(
Ok, deep breath. In out, In out. Now I'm over the shock.
My fingers are crossed and sending prayers your way. Hopefully this has a nice place for Tallula too. But then I know you always have her in mind. :D Good Luck really :)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Hope it works out! Having a place that feels like home even when it's an apartment means a lot (we have one now and the rent is crazy but we love it).

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Is there a paticular teason you can't do 4? is it because they will want four month's worth of rent up front or something? Must be a UK thing

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hahaha Robs I am so sorry! I didnt even think of it sounding bad, whoops! Will remember to check myself next time :D

Thanks so much Kate, yeah well no rent can be as crazy as ours right now....so getting an even better, way more stunning place for SO much cheaper is the best thing ever!!

Dmmj, I live in Dubai....most landlords actually ask for ONE cheque, so that means getting a loan from the bank to pay your 1year rent in FULL!
4 cheques is pretty much the same, unless you have several 10's of thousands lying around to pay the 4 cheques, you need to get loans too....which we will not do, as I think its insane to have to get a loan to pay RENT! Lol. This place is crazy.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Wow Stace so one cheque is a years rent and 4 cheques would be 4 years rent? That is crazy.
So the owner of the apartment is asking for quarterly Rent (three months at a time, in advance). But you are hoping he will accept monthy rent checks it this correct? When will you know?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
4 cheques Robyn would be every 3 months, 3 cheques would be every 4 months. :D

Hopefully everything will work out Stace. :D

Danny

Stazz

5 Year Member
Lol Robs you are too funny, but yeah, Danny is correct again :p Thanks Dan ! I wish I had that kinda money just lying around to be able to pay every 3 or 4 months, but tis reality ! LOL. Still haven't heard anything....but I guess no news could be good news??!! I don't want to irritate the agent by calling every 5 seconds....Nick is having 2nd thoughts about this place now....as we'd have to pay quite a bit upfront in the beginning, security deposit blah blah. I told him if thats the case, he can live wherever he wants and I will STILL move into that place HAHAHA, which isn't true, I could never live without him lol. Anyways, I'll convince him ;) Will keep ya updated. Maybe I should call her today??!

Oh and thanks Kelly !!! I sure hope we get the place too! Its dreamy :p We also pay normal monthly rent in South Africa.....they just like to push their luck to the absolute limits in this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.