i Want to adopt a tortoise in need of a home

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelover2495

5 Year Member
For those of you who havent read about me in the introduction section, My name is Nate and i am new to the forums and and 19 years old and i live with my grandparents in rhode island and you might be wanting to know some backround information about me. I and my family are all animals lovers and we take pride and love all our animals and give them the proper care and take them monthly for vet checkups and pay for the necessary treatments they need. So i can assure you if i adopt a pet it will be safe with us with the proper care. although these pets are not turtles or tortoise i want to give you backround information on previous pets we have had have had about 3 to 4 dogs in the past years and they have all lived to be old. My dog lived to be 17 years old which is pretty old. we have had newts and turtles for pets in the past and i actually have a spotted turtle right now. it was found near the ocean near and apartment ready to die because somone let it go as a young baby and we took and saved it and kept it for a pet and we know it was previously owned because it had initials on the back of its shell. and i am actually getting a red eared slider for a pet this week.

Happy belated easter to everyone and i hope i thoroughly introduced myself =D

Well my 19th birthday is coming up this week and i would really like to adopt a baby tortoise in need of a home that sombody is trying to get .. whether you want to give us the tortoise for free with the additional cost of us paying for the shipping is fine and we will also pay a small adoption fee if we have to but please be reasonable. And i am a beginner as far as tortoises, this would be my first tortoise. and i can assure you it will be properly cared for and it will be taken to the vet monthly. if anyone is interested please let me know.

please dont post unless you are interested and i will need to have at least 2-3 days to talk it over with my parents. they told me if i can find a tortoise to let them know. but dont tell us your interested and then go and sell it later that day. you have to be willing to hold off for a couple days to give time for my grandparents to think.

Your new forum buddy,
Nathan :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Hi,,
you need to decide on what type of tortoise will work for you.. will you be going away to college? will it go with you? what size yard do you have?
Narrow it down a bit.. do you want a Sulcata or a Russian?
WELCOME!

turtlelover2495

5 Year Member
Laura said:
Hi,,
you need to decide on what type of tortoise will work for you.. will you be going away to college? will it go with you? what size yard do you have?
Narrow it down a bit.. do you want a Sulcata or a Russian?
WELCOME!

Ok you got me there, it would have to be either a russian or a redfoot tortoise. nuthing that can get huge like a sulcata or gigantic like a galapagos giant tortoise. And i dont know the size of our yard but it is really huge not huge as in 10feet like most people say i mean really huge. i would say a medium to large backyard it definitely enough for a tortoise to walk around. we could house a sulcata but my grandparents wouldnt want a tortoise that get gigantic and takes up half the lawn for itself.
so yeah a russian or a redfoot.

i will be going to college but not away its more like a technical school. and its only about 15-20mins away i wouldnt need a dorm to spend my nights there. my uncle goes there and comes back and he manages a job and he has 2 dogs and 3 cats and tropical fish at his house.

MrsGREEN

5 Year Member
I am looking to SELL my adult male redfoot. PM me if you want more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.