Pink on my Sulcata’s anal scutes

TrtleLvr13

Location (City and/or State)
East Alton, IL
I have noticed that my tort has pink on his anal scutes. He is eating and drinking normally and is also very active still. Any advice? I have made a vet appointment already, I just want to be on the safe side. He is 3 years old, 20lbs and 15 inches long

Attachments

• 049B077F-9121-4350-B547-F73D11B53756.jpeg
    049B077F-9121-4350-B547-F73D11B53756.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 28

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I have noticed that my tort has pink on his anal scutes. He is eating and drinking normally and is also very active still. Any advice? I have made a vet appointment already, I just want to be on the safe side. He is 3 years old, 20lbs and 15 inches long

I am no expert but I will call on them for you right now...
However,
I chimed in to say —
BOY!!! What a gorgeous under belly he has!
Looks soft, smooth and beautiful in color!!
I wish MY under belly looked like that! ?
Ok.. sorry... I know you are worried... let me get the pros for you ...

@Tom
@Yvonne G

TrtleLvr13

East Alton, IL
Thank you so much! He is definitely very proud of being a man... if you know what I mean? Also, it seems the pinkness has subsided from the color it was earlier. I’m wondering if it was due to him rubbing against a hard surface?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thank you so much! He is definitely very proud of being a man... if you know what I mean? Also, it seems the pinkness has subsided from the color it was earlier. I’m wondering if it was due to him rubbing against a hard surface?

could be..? What did he rub against?
I’m thinking it’s nothing... but I don’t want to say that if I am wrong. I will keep you both in my prayers tonight that all goes well at the doctors. Please don’t get him ANY shots (mostly vitamin shots) until you check on here first. Vets almost always think
“A shot” will heal everything but really it is no good for the tortoise.
If something needs to be taken care of it usually has to do with upping your temps or lighting (bulb changes) or humidity..
I say this from bad experiences I have had to deal with. I just want to give you a heads up to ask on here before going to the vet.
And it will save you LOADS of money!
Ok ... prayer time.
Please keep posting on how everything goes as I will check on here to see that you are ok. ?

??????????????
?????????

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The pinkishness you see is usually associated with new growth. It could also be from abrasion on a rough surface, but that doesn't appear to be the case in your pic.