Pink lines on plastron scute seams

Kr1st1n

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, Arizona
Hi,
I just noticed that Fergus, my sultata, has this pink lines along the seams of his plastron scutes. I don’t know if they’ve always been there and I only for some reason just now noticed them, or if it’s something new (I really think I would’ve noticed though).
His behavior is normal, eating well, orchid bark substrate, 75%-90% humidity, and temps all controlled with thermostats and nothing lower than 80°, & Arcadia lighting + LEDs… etc.
Looking forward to hearing back from the forum!
KV

Attachments

• IMG_5605.jpeg
    IMG_5605.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi,
I just noticed that Fergus, my sultata, has this pink lines along the seams of his plastron scutes. I don’t know if they’ve always been there and I only for some reason just now noticed them, or if it’s something new (I really think I would’ve noticed though).
His behavior is normal, eating well, orchid bark substrate, 75%-90% humidity, and temps all controlled with thermostats and nothing lower than 80°, & Arcadia lighting + LEDs… etc.
Looking forward to hearing back from the forum!
KV
Totally normal. That is vascularization for new growth that is happening. Its a good sign! That means you are doing it right!

Kr1st1n

Tucson, Arizona
Totally normal. That is vascularization for new growth that is happening. Its a good sign! That means you are doing it right!
Oh thank goodness! I mean, I know I’ve been bragging on and on about how much he’s grown and improved in the past 6 months but now I feel even more excited!!! … like it’s Fergus’ body’s way of telling me to keep it up! LOL hahaha!!
I got a little nervous that maybe because he had been so undersized and then grew a bunch real fast that maybe something had gone wrong.
Thank you SO MUCH for easing my mind!!