Petco 50% Off Tort Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
mctlong said:
I say go for it too. The tort in the pics is eating, its eyes are wide open, and it looks active. I wouldn't worry about the little bugs in the substrate. They don't hurt the tortoise.

btw - you mentioned that the tort is a female. How do you know? Its hard to tell from the pic, but the butt-shot in the first pic you posted showed what appeared to be a long tail tucked to the side. Thats a male trait. :D

Uh-oh. "It" may be a boy. I'm no expert. The tail is actually short and it does tuck to the side. My daughter and I noticed that when "it" walk the tail swings from side to side lol cute! Ill have to look at more gender pics lol!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I have a good friend that is the head reptile person. He has invited me to show off some reptiles for this Saturday sale that is going on. I hope everyone has a great time at their local Petco. If anyone is near the Saugus, CA 91354 Petco, come and say hi to me. I'll have a giant Sulcata and a few other reptiles (maybe a caimen lizard).

On your note to buy or my buy.

If its healthy and you can provide a great forever home, and provide it all the love and attention it needs to be successful, and be prepared for possible Vet visits, then go for it. Someone else will always buy the tortoises, so if you think you are a good fit, then don't hesitate.

Good luck and never stop asking questions on here.

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Georgia
spikethebest said:
I have a good friend that is the head reptile person. He has invited me to show off some reptiles for this Saturday sale that is going on. I hope everyone has a great time at their local Petco. If anyone is near the Saugus, CA 91354 Petco, come and say hi to me. I'll have a giant Sulcata and a few other reptiles (maybe a caimen lizard).

On your note to buy or my buy.

If its healthy and you can provide a great forever home, and provide it all the love and attention it needs to be successful, and be prepared for possible Vet visits, then go for it. Someone else will always buy the tortoises, so if you think you are a good fit, then don't hesitate.

Good luck and never stop asking questions on here.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.