New enclousre and uvb lamp

ISU

Location (City and/or State)
South Korea
Hey, I have a 90cm enclosure and I use a 60cm t5 lamp.

I am going to buy a enclosure, and it will be 150 or 180.

If I buy it, can I install the 60cm lamp in the warm zone, and use the led lamp in the cool zone?

Or should new t5 lamp be added to the cool zone too?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Hey, I have a 90cm enclosure and I use a 60cm t5 lamp.

I am going to buy a enclosure, and it will be 150 or 180.

If I buy it, can I install the 60cm lamp in the warm zone, and use the led lamp in the cool zone?

Or should new t5 lamp be added to the cool zone too?
Is the T5 you are using a UVB light or just for ambient lighting? IF it is your UVB light, then that one light is all you would need near your basking light. I would provide some additional ambient lighting. Get some good LED lights, Look for ones in the 5000k - 6000k range with a CRI of 90+ Red lights are not good for tortoises. If you are using that for heat, go instead with a Ceramic Heat Emitter on a thermostat.

Reactions: ISU

ISU

South Korea
Is the T5 you are using a UVB light or just for ambient lighting? IF it is your UVB light, then that one light is all you would need near your basking light. I would provide some additional ambient lighting. Get some good LED lights, Look for ones in the 5000k - 6000k range with a CRI of 90+ Red lights are not good for tortoises. If you are using that for heat, go instead with a Ceramic Heat Emitter on a thermostat.
Thanks for ur reply!

The t5 lamp is uvb. I also use CHE and incandescent lamp. Thank you for letting me know about the led lights. I'll follow u