New arrival!

Status
Not open for further replies.

10mm

5 Year Member
DSC03274.JPGDSC03277.JPGDSC03275.JPGDSC03276.JPGWell, my little buddy(Hermanns Dalmatian) showed up today. He was a bit chilly thats for sure. I gave him a nice warm soak and he is basically just sitting and stretching his limbs. Warming up I suppose. Pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Congrats! He looks so tiny in that enclosure. :D

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Congratulations!
Bery cute! I have a Hermanns and just love her.
Enjoy!

10mm

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone. I am just tickled right now. Don't tell my kids but this about as exciting as having a baby. lol

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Im telling on you! :cool:

It is really exciting. I look forward to getting off of work to see my tortoises and make sure they are all happy and healthy. They have become quite a hobby.
Have a blast!

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
aww,,he looks just like my Peewee!! Enjoy,,I've been told they don't stay teeny long :)

10mm

5 Year Member
Well he had a good first day (I think). He roamed around a bit and explored his two hides. Chilled out in the basking area and took a nap. He did eat a little but not like a horse. He chose to sleep in his 1/2 log hide that i stuffed with the moss that he was shipped in. Good and moist. I killed the heat last night and was up all night checking the temps with a flash light. lol I was worried it would get too cold. It never dropped below 68. I just kicked the lights on and set out some breakfast. I will post more as he wakes up. Oh he does this funny thing... I assume it;s a warning thing or something but he kinda huffs and puffs when he sees me. lol Cute as heck.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
10mm said:
Well he had a good first day (I think). He roamed around a bit and explored his two hides. Chilled out in the basking area and took a nap. He did eat a little but not like a horse. He chose to sleep in his 1/2 log hide that i stuffed with the moss that he was shipped in. Good and moist. I killed the heat last night and was up all night checking the temps with a flash light. lol I was worried it would get too cold. It never dropped below 68. I just kicked the lights on and set out some breakfast. I will post more as he wakes up. Oh he does this funny thing... I assume it;s a warning thing or something but he kinda huffs and puffs when he sees me. lol Cute as heck.

how cute, my baby cake trys to bite me. i also am up checking things out. you are a good parent! cant wait for the new pics.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
aww <3 I love how people are so crazy about their torts here,,just lovely! There's nothing compared to tortoise love!

10mm

5 Year Member
O.K. my son Graham (4) picked a name. Lightning Mike Bigboots. lol I think Boots for short. Anyway..... he is getting used to his new home. This morning he was sitting under the basking area in the dark waiting for the lights to come on. Then he decided to dig in and eat a good meal. He also did poop yesterday after a warm soak. It was just so tiny I missed it at first. Anyway I feel like he is pretty happy with his new home. IDK why but I find myself just sitting and watching him. I am attracted to him in some strange way. I think it's his eyes. He has an old soul. Funny thing is I have never been a Reptile guy. Other than a couple African dwarf frogs this whole thing is new and very exciting for me. 37 years and how I ended up here is baffling to me. This really is a fun experience. More pics of Boots @ chowtime. I have been giving him the Flukers Tortoise diet as this was all they had at the pet store but I am guessing that Flukers is like the Purina of Tortoise chow. I have Mazauri on the way. He does like teh Flukers though. They probably put sugar in it.lol

Pics..DSC03285.JPG

DSC03282.JPG
DSC03280.JPG
DSC03281.JPG
DSC03285.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Congrats. He is a cutie. Nice enclosure too....lots of room and interesting for the baby.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
I'm thinking of getting some mazuri or flukers as well,,a little more variety in there is good :) I guess feeding it 3 times a week or so would be good right??

10mm

5 Year Member
Beeliz said:
I'm thinking of getting some mazuri or flukers as well,,a little more variety in there is good :) I guess feeding it 3 times a week or so would be good right??
I have been feeding greens daily and I plan to give him the Mazuri regularly. From what I have read diet can be 20% Mazuri. He is just starting to eat more now. He still huffs and puffs when he sees me enter the room. It cracks me up.

tortoise007 said:
he is adorable!!! What else are you feeding him? love the enclosure!

Spring greens for now. I ordered a seed mix from Carolina Pet Supply. It has a bunch of plants and weeds they graze on. I am going to grow the mix indoors under some lights and get him on the mix as fast as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.