New Hermanns

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
9,037
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
So I went today to pick up the Hermanns that Wendy (Glitch) had offered for adoption. It was an hour drive to get there then an Hour and a half back (Dallas traffic), but the little guy made it thru with no problems. After a warm soak and then some softened Mazuri he has settled in nicely.











Thanks again Wendy, she gave me a lot of extra stuff and a great tort table...
 

cherylim

New Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
1,548
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
He is gorgeous! I'm like an excited child every time I see a Hermann's, and I think that one is the same age as Emrys? I'll be following any updates you do! :)
 

dmarcus

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
9,037
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
cherylim said:
He is gorgeous! I'm like an excited child every time I see a Hermann's, and I think that one is the same age as Emrys? I'll be following any updates you do! :)
He is about 2 1/2 years old and so far he has settled in pretty good...
 

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 9, 2010
Messages
49,075
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Nice. You lucky duck. I want some hermanni too...
 

cherylim

New Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
1,548
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
dalano73 said:
cherylim said:
He is gorgeous! I'm like an excited child every time I see a Hermann's, and I think that one is the same age as Emrys? I'll be following any updates you do! :)
He is about 2 1/2 years old and so far he has settled in pretty good...
Yep, about the same age as Emrys. So much darker in his markings, though! :)

Glad he's settling in well.
 

dmarcus

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
9,037
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
cherylim said:
dalano73 said:
cherylim said:
He is gorgeous! I'm like an excited child every time I see a Hermann's, and I think that one is the same age as Emrys? I'll be following any updates you do! :)
He is about 2 1/2 years old and so far he has settled in pretty good...
Yep, about the same age as Emrys. So much darker in his markings, though! :)

Glad he's settling in well.
I think he was mainely a inside tortoise, I am sure he will lighten up once he gets to spend some time outside. Once we predator proof his outside enclosure I am sure he will enjoy all the space he will be getting..
 

AnthonyC

New Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2011
Messages
2,513
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Nice! Good luck! I'm sure they're going to be SUPER happy with you!! :)
 

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
19,752
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Nice looking tortoise, I also like the color patterns on the shell.
 
M

Maggie Cummings

Guest
Oh boy he's gorgeous! In fact he looks very much like my Hermanni, Queenie. After Survivor I'll send you a pix of her...

PS I am so glad you went and saved him...
 

dmarcus

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
9,037
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
maggie3fan said:
Oh boy he's gorgeous! In fact he looks very much like my Hermanni, Queenie. After Survivor I'll send you a pix of her...
This little guy is very territorial, if we place our hand in his enclosure he comes running full speed then stops a few inches away. He's super sweet though, he lets me rub his head. :D
 
M

Maggie Cummings

Guest
It turns out I don't have any full body shots, all of these show what a dainty ladylike eater she is. So tomorrow I will take some better shots of her for you.





I think I'll create a whole thread tomorrow just to show how beautiful Queenie is...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top