Never been a digger

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cornelius Or
Lou has never been much of a digger and certainly not a burrowed. However the last couple days he has been completely burying himself in his substrate so much so that he's unable to be found unless I dig around his enclosure for him. Is there a reason he would suddenly start doing this?

Luke&Lou

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Temps and light cycles usually.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
The light cycle could be it I fell asleep only couch and so his lights dit get shut off last night and I'll check the temps too warm has never been a problem before but I'll look thank you both so much

Luke&Lou

Justin C.

Metro Detroit, MI
What heat source are you using (MVB, Heat Lamp, etc...)?
Do to the outside temp getting warmer I had to reduce my wattage to correct the temps for my Russian.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
He could also be getting more accustomed to his home and just doing what they do. RT's are burrowers. Also, set up a timer. It is so easy to do. You can get a small indoor timer at Wal-Mart for $4.00. Set it and forget it. They are also small enough that you can several different ones for each of your devices. I have one for basking, one for UVB etc..,

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I refuse to support walmart but I'll spend the couple extra bucks to get one. I also live at the end of the world (the Long Beach Peninsula) so we don't have fancy stores here

Luke&Lou