Tips for traveling and new Lou pics

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cornelius Or
I have been away from the forum for a bit so I figured I would add a couple new pics of Lou. Also I would like to get some tips/advice for traveling cross country (Washington coast to North Texas) with my Lou buddy. I will be most likely moving at the end of the month and refuse to leave Lou behind. And advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413311702.541150.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413311746.835282.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413311767.757622.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413311790.377785.jpg

Luke&Lou

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Hey Luke, Its has been awhile since youve been on. Hope your doing good. Lou looks great. No tips for traveling , sorry.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I hoped to get some advice for moving my tort cross country. Please help me out. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Luke&Lou

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I would get a travel tote set up now and put the items from his permanent enclosure in it and give him the next few weeks in it so he's not in so much shock when it comes time to move.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
How long will your trip take?
Plastic tote as suggested, with some topsoil in it and a few familiar things. Smaller than his regular enclosure, of course.
They make adaptors for the cigarette lighter outlet in cars that convert to 3 prong plugs, so you could even plug in a light during the day while traveling (if you have a stand).
Like this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/21804439?...wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78653090312&wmlspartner=wlpa
At night, give him a soak and put him in a smaller tote with some torn up newspaper or soil in your hotel room. He won't need heat at night.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I would get some hand warmers from Walgreens they are cheap but I would use paper shredding not top soil because bring top soil from Washington to Texas might be a crime ( bad bugs and stuff )

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Agree, smaller plastic tote with coir or fir bark. Add a place for him to hide since he may get a lttle stressed. A cooler full of good eats for him, and a jug of water to periodically soak him. Glad to see Lou is happy and healthy.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
Yes Ken, moving truck and hotels. It'll be myself and one other person to help drive. I plan on taking 4 days to get there. I've taken Lou in the truck for short rides before and he does fine. I will get a small tote and I have an unopened block of coir I can add some too it. I'll make a small hide and be sure to have water handy

Luke&Lou