NASCAR Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
OK I'm getting a little concerned... About every three days Darwin gets a burst of energy! Most days he just walks around like a tortoise but when he gets these burst he runs around his enclosure all day. He has made a track in his substrate and he only turns left like a Nascar driver. He has been going non stop for a constant 3 hours! Even if I put my hand in front of him, he will just crawl over my hand. He acts like he is on a mission! Is this normal baby Sulcata behavior? I don't want him to stroke out and have a heart attack. Is he just having fun or should I be worried? Think I'm gonna change his name to A.J. Foyt ...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Is it warm outside when these energy bursts happen? My tort's go crazy when they are inside and it is nice outside. I don't know how they know but they do.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
They like to walk for sure. Perhaps you could get him out on his high energy day and let him walk the living room or something? He sounds good and healthy tho! :)

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
CtTortoiseMom said:
Is it warm outside when these energy bursts happen? My tort's go crazy when they are inside and it is nice outside. I don't know how they know but they do.

It was in the mid 80's today but he usually does his running more towards the evening??

Status
Not open for further replies.