NASCAR

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
I get so bored watching shiny objects go around in circles I start to keep myself occupied by counting all the women who don't have black eyes, only got ten fingers after all. LOL, just kidding.
HAHAHA...you could use your toes.

M

Maggie Cummings

hahaha...this made me laugh. Yeah, I don't get off weeks. I'm not a football fan (too much spandex!), but they do that in football too...I don't get it.

Oh Man! I don't watch football but the spandex, oh yea!!! Jim Zorn was Seattles first quarterback, and he had the best a** in professional football, Kenny Stabler was another one. Oh yes, I love spandex. But gave up on football when they made so many rules, the 5 yard chuck is one. And I'll be damned, If "I" sacked the quarterback damned right I do a dance, a touchdown, time for a dance. Can't spike the ball, why the heck not???That's part of the 'production' of entertainment, and that's just what football is supposed to be and it's not anymore.They took all the 'fun' out of football and they are doing the same thing to NASCAR. All the specs on each car is the same. That's crap. In a race you beat me because your mechanics know how to tweak an engine just so, mine don't so you beat me. All the cars having the same specs and everybody having to have spotters, drivers can't move their heads, spotters tell them when to pass that's crap. I am the last and biggest Dale Earnhardt fan, yep he died, but that's the freaking chance you take at 204 MPH. Racing is NOT supposed to be safe.They need to get rid of the Hans device, let the drivers do the driving, and change the rule all the cars have to be exactly the same specs. BS!!!
BTW, this is my thread and you can talk about almost anything, just keep it cleaner than I do....hahahaha. And do give me your opinion on the lastest race....

M

Maggie Cummings

I get so bored watching shiny objects go around in circles I start to keep myself occupied by counting all the women who don't have black eyes, only got ten fingers after all. LOL, just kidding.

You obviously don't realize that all those cars have the same specs, so there's bump drafting, side drafting, taking the air off the rear of some car in front of you. Now NASCAR is like a chess game, all the cars are the same specs, so at 200 miles an hour a driver is using his car to screw up the other cars air so he can pass him. That's where all this drafting comes in. Actually a fast car has little to do with NASCAR racing now, it's all like that chess match. At 200 MPH one car can come up behind another, and change the wind or take the downforce off the front car and wreck him without even touching him. There's a lot more then going around in an oval fast.
PS and I don't undrstand the black eye thing. Is it a redneck insult? 8 of the drivers in last Sundays race are from California. +NASCAR gets more people to see a regular race then all the people at the Unsuper bowl combined. NASCAR is the biggest sport going. You don't like it because you don't understand the finesse the drivers must use nowadays to win.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Oh Man! I don't watch football but the spandex, oh yea!!! Jim Zorn was Seattles first quarterback, and he had the best a** in professional football, Kenny Stabler was another one. Oh yes, I love spandex. But gave up on football when they made so many rules, the 5 yard chuck is one. And I'll be damned, If "I" sacked the quarterback damned right I do a dance, a touchdown, time for a dance. Can't spike the ball, why the heck not???That's part of the 'production' of entertainment, and that's just what football is supposed to be and it's not anymore.They took all the 'fun' out of football and they are doing the same thing to NASCAR. All the specs on each car is the same. That's crap. In a race you beat me because your mechanics know how to tweak an engine just so, mine don't so you beat me. All the cars having the same specs and everybody having to have spotters, drivers can't move their heads, spotters tell them when to pass that's crap. I am the last and biggest Dale Earnhardt fan, yep he died, but that's the freaking chance you take at 204 MPH. Racing is NOT supposed to be safe.They need to get rid of the Hans device, let the drivers do the driving, and change the rule all the cars have to be exactly the same specs. BS!!!
BTW, this is my thread and you can talk about almost anything, just keep it cleaner than I do....hahahaha. And do give me your opinion on the lastest race....
I liked Dale Earnhardt. I was a kid when he died but remember it well. My brother used to race ARCA (Sp)....again, I was a kid, but I used to go with my dad to some of his races. My dad was a huge racing fan. He passed away recently...your thread reminded me of some of the memories of him watching races every weekend. Good times.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
You obviously don't realize that all those cars have the same specs, so there's bump drafting, side drafting, taking the air off the rear of some car in front of you. Now NASCAR is like a chess game, all the cars are the same specs, so at 200 miles an hour a driver is using his car to screw up the other cars air so he can pass him. That's where all this drafting comes in. Actually a fast car has little to do with NASCAR racing now, it's all like that chess match. At 200 MPH one car can come up behind another, and change the wind or take the downforce off the front car and wreck him without even touching him. There's a lot more then going around in an oval fast.
PS and I don't undrstand the black eye thing. Is it a redneck insult? 8 of the drivers in last Sundays race are from California. +NASCAR gets more people to see a regular race then all the people at the Unsuper bowl combined. NASCAR is the biggest sport going. You don't like it because you don't understand the finesse the drivers must use nowadays to win.
You obviously don't understand chess, where many pieces have different rules associated with them, and they move in entirely different ways. Hahahahahahahahahahha. Just kidding around. I frankly can't tell you what the black eye thing is about, just parroting a joke I heard elsewhere.

It's all fun here.

I was always an Indy 500 fan, walked part of the track on foot, and had a great tour. It's a cool place to visit.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My husband and I took a couple laps on the Laguna Seca race track on his Harley with me in the side car. (I think my race track experience trumps yours)
4d2a0054ab8f3757cc358e2da356b581.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

My husband and I took a couple laps on the Laguna Seca race track on his Harley with me in the side car. (I think my race track experience trumps yours)
4d2a0054ab8f3757cc358e2da356b581.jpg
I did not start this thread to be insulted by someone who has a truck with a V8 engine and is afraid to go over 50. That engine is so loaded with carbon!
Nope it doesn't, I took a driving class at the Bob Bondarant School of Driving and drove a race car over 200 MPH.
But I bet going around Laguna Seca was fun???

M

Maggie Cummings

You obviously don't understand chess, where many pieces have different rules associated with them, and they move in entirely different ways. Hahahahahahahahahahha. Just kidding around. I frankly can't tell you what the black eye thing is about, just parroting a joke I heard elsewhere.

It's all fun here.

I was always an Indy 500 fan, walked part of the track on foot, and had a great tour. It's a cool place to visit.
I DO understand chess, that why the comparison . Driving at 200 MPH and getting thru a crowd or getting around one car takes special moves carefully thought out just like chess, as your move now will affect what happens in the future moves....Sorta:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I did not start this thread to be insulted by someone who has a truck with a V8 engine and is afraid to go over 50. That engine is so loaded with carbon!
Nope it doesn't, I took a driving class at the Bob Bondarant School of Driving and drove a race car over 200 MPH.
But I bet going around Laguna Seca was fun???

I was talking to Will who said he WALKED on a race track.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
NASCAR needs a multi level figure 8 race track. Give it a bit more personality:) problem with nascar is the races are too long and they run multi races at tracks like pocono where I would rather watch my box turtles poop all day than watch that race. The cars are built for aero not built to bang so if your fingernail scratches the car you might go down 2 laps. That's why the road courses and short tracks are now better to watch than the mile and half or even super speedways.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
We (Boy Scout Troop) went to some place in the SF Bay Area to see drag races, aside from blowing out my hearing worse than a rock concert that was fun. I don't get any excitement from watching NASCAR on TV. I have not been to an actual race. One drag race, several crash derby at county and state fairs. One soapbox, and many hours driving slot cars. Pinewood derby in Scouts. Maggie, Yvonne may or may not go over 50mph, but she gets to 50 fast enough to push me back in the seat. So it 'feels' fast. I have a friend with many Hot Rod mustangs and he won't go over the speed limit either. However he too will plant you against the back of the seat. He races on tracks too, single cars at a time holding times around the track in competition.

I had a few years of car fetishism as a teen, but got tired of all the messing around with constant little tweeks to get a bit more speed, so the local cops could mess with you. One guy at my high school put a big block V8 in a Vega, he had to reach back a bit to shift it and cops pulled it off the street for some BS reason about the location of the shifter. It was a fun ride for sure. Blah blah blah. In short fun thread, but I'm no NASCAR fan.

Another friend did high end cars interior work, we took a Porsche of some sort to 101 just north of Windsor where the freeway splits south bound from northbound and there is not place for Hyway patrol to hang out. He took it up to 160mph which makes coming up on someone a whole hew thrill. Like crazy difference and you see them, then you are past them bang bang. Went 120mph on my Dad's BMW bike while he was passenger-ing. Oddly he liked it but gave me the ceremonial chastising. That pretty much covers my lifetime of seeing and being a daredevil driver.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I may be the only southern man that I know of that couldn't care less about Nascar. (Or theatrical T.V wrestling)
Now, if you would include other motor vehicle events, such as drag racing, I could get involved.
I am actively searching for Nascar stuff and Dale Sr. stuff for you. I haven't forgotten.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
(Maggie's having computer trouble again. She won't be back until her son gets his act together and helps her resolve the problem)

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
(Maggie's having computer trouble again. She won't be back until her son gets his act together and helps her resolve the problem)

In honor of Maggie's thread, what Yvonne meant to say was Maggie's computer was a bit tight in turns 2 and 3 and then while racing onto another browser in turn 4 it got loose and crashed! Her spotter gave her the wrong information. Her post crash interview states she would like to thank her sponsors Zoo Med and Tortoise Forum! :)

M

Maggie Cummings

In honor of Maggie's thread, what Yvonne meant to say was Maggie's computer was a bit tight in turns 2 and 3 and then while racing onto another browser in turn 4 it got loose and crashed! Her spotter gave her the wrong information. Her post crash interview states she would like to thank her sponsors Zoo Med and Tortoise Forum! :)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I was in such a foul mood this am, packing boxes to move, but that was just down right funny and I appreciate it!!!!
I do see that this NASCAR thread is more interesting when I am not involved.....:<3:

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I have a # 18 sticker on the back of my TUNDRA. I love both Busch brothers, actually. My driver used to be Kurt when he drove the 97 car for Rousch and I drove Fords.

M

Maggie Cummings

@harris Kyle is my driver since I lost DE. Nobody liked Kyle and he got booed a lot. But he could bump draft ya without wrecking anyone. On the other hand he CAN change the air on your rear end and wreck ya. I believe he's almost as good a driver as Earnhardt Sr. much better than Junior the personality....Can't drive worth sh*t but everybody loves him....
TUNDRA??? I live north on a 3 lane hiway that becomes 2 and I am always first when my lane merges. ALWAYS! Except for the last 2 months (outa 10 freaking years) I have been beat 3 times by f***ing Tundras. OMG! What the hell do they have in them??? The races were close, but beat is beat and that does not make me a happy person...Seriously. How does a heavy pick up beat my Corvette engine and my light car??? grrrrr oh my gosh!!! Blonde/grey fury

M

Maggie Cummings

Computer....That jerk never called or showed up so I FIXED IT MYSELF !!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
@harris Kyle is my driver since I lost DE. Nobody liked Kyle and he got booed a lot. But he could bump draft ya without wrecking anyone. On the other hand he CAN change the air on your rear end and wreck ya. I believe he's almost as good a driver as Earnhardt Sr. much better than Junior the personality....Can't drive worth sh*t but everybody loves him....
TUNDRA??? I live north on a 3 lane hiway that becomes 2 and I am always first when my lane merges. ALWAYS! Except for the last 2 months (outa 10 freaking years) I have been beat 3 times by f***ing Tundras. OMG! What the hell do they have in them??? The races were close, but beat is beat and that does not make me a happy person...Seriously. How does a heavy pick up beat my Corvette engine and my light car??? grrrrr oh my gosh!!! Blonde/grey fury
It sounds like some new gearing might be in your future.