my version of indoor underground housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Hello TFO and I just moved my Greek back into there tank and I remembered Tom's post about his indoor underground housing. I decided to do that but changed it up just a little, my Ibera Greeks love to burrow so I knew they would like it.
I got a storage tote that fit into my tank cute an opening hole for them to go in and out of the borrow. Made a loft out of PVC piping. I haven't finished the loft just yet but will tomorrow and ill post pics.
give them more walking room :) they love to climb too
I haven't yet put in my decor LOL
Finished pics tomorrow ;-)
Cause I have such a smaller tank it was easier to use a storage tote
20120315_205625.jpg

20120315_205634.jpg

20120315_222426.jpg

20120315_222441.jpg

I use heat ropes to get heat everywhere I wanted, that's the only heat source in the cage. They work really well, better than ceramic heat emitters in my opinion because they keep the substrate warm which is what my tortoises are always burrowing in. I use that double dome thing with regular house hold bulbs to give them bright light during the dday :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Neat-o! I can't wait to see the finished product.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Are you going to have to take everything out when it comes time to clean inside the humid hide?

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
dmarcus said:
Are you going to have to take everything out when it comes time to clean inside the humid hide?

Nope :) the storage tote lid is on the top so all I have to do is brush the dirt off, pop up one side, clean, close lid, and put dirt back on top.
that's the blue u can see in the pictures.

You can see in the first two pics I accidently put lid on bottom so I had to flip it LOL

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Interesting. Waiting to see, how you finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.