*New* Indoor Underground housing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
After seeing Tom's post on his underground housing I had to do it too. My sulcata's are getting on the larger side for an aquarium but this provides them a little more roaming space (for now, lol).

Top view! They're enjoying their daily "bath",

image-3484128414.png

From their point of view "underground". The ramp's under the log hide!

image-2190336211.png

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Awesome! I keep thinking about doing a burrow like these too. How do you get in to clean it, check on them etc though?

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Arizona
Masin said:
Awesome! I keep thinking about doing a burrow like these too. How do you get in to clean it, check on them etc though?

I haven't cleaned it yet because I just made it but I know that's going to be tricky. I'll probably have to just take the top sheet out to do a full cleaning but when they bring food down there I can just reach it. I taped paper to the sides so I can just lift it up to see them but still find myself using a flashlight because it's so dark and humid in there.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's cool. Do they go underground much? Mine did occasionally, but they seemed to prefer the top level most of the time. If I do it again, I think I'll try it with only half of the tank as a top level.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes, I would like to know also how well used the underground part is.

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Arizona
Tom said:
That's cool. Do they go underground much? Mine did occasionally, but they seemed to prefer the top level most of the time. If I do it again, I think I'll try it with only half of the tank as a top level.

They go down every night for "bedtime" and are always walking up and down throughout the day like it's a jungle gym haha!

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
That is so cool. I can't wait till my lil tort is bigger I have a long ways to go yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.