morla's new enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
This is the new enclosure i got for morla today. It looks homemade and used to house a bearded dragon. I cleaned it well. Please give me any suggestions as to how i can make her new home better. I also planted some seeds from sulcatafood.com in the corner in a little planter so she can graze (if they grow) The last photo is of the air vents, there are two of them. I guess my concerns are if these little vent are enough for her to get the air she needs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also i am using a 100w MVB and my thermometer is reading 105F. is this too hot? The humidity level is high because the glass is fogging up and on the cool end it is reading 88F. i opened the door and it feels hot and humid.....like the usual florida summer. is that good? the enclosure came with a 75w basking light and a reptisun 5.0 uvb should i be using these?

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    526.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    794 KB · Views: 45
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    459.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 23

EKLC

5 Year Member
need a little more of a temperature gradient imo. 88 is a bit high. When I had an MVB, the temps were too hot and my tort was very slugging. Now it runs from 95 to 78 and hes much more active. an enclosed area allows the use of a less powerful bulb

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Where did you get those vents, my sulcata and my new leopard tortoise are going to be in an enclosure just like that but only one feet tall and its going to be pretty air tight like that and thats a great way to get them a little fresh air.
I am building my 2 by 8 enclosure out of plywood and acrylic sheet, I am using the same lighting technique too. much cheaper than buying those light fitures with the clamps. Do you have it just wired to a light switch?
I am going to put my vents at the bottom though so less heat escapes.
Out of curiousity why did you put the wire in front of the vent?
:) really great enclosure.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Im not sure where they came from I actuallt found the whole enclosure on craigslist for $30. The light fixtures are attachted to the top with the wires coming out of a little whole in the back. the glass doors can come out for easy cleaning. The humidity is kept high easily as well. I havent sprayed my substrate which,is cypress mulch and,top soil that is about 5" thick. Good luck with your new enclosure. I wish I could tell you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.