New enclosure advice

saginawhxc

Location (City and/or State)
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
I LOVE my Reptifogger! No hydrostat needed for me. It took just few days to figure out how long to run it. With the closed chamber 40 gal all I need is just few minutes at breakfast time. The outlet is directly above their feeding area and they LOVE the fog rolling down!
Most don't seem to use them but those few that do seem to swear by them. I picked up a digital humidistat so I'll have the capability if I desire. If nothing else the humidistat will give me a nice accurate digital read out of the space.

Rue

Canada
My Hermann's has her own room. Makes perfect sense to me!

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
We are house shopping right now and every house we look at I try to imagine what life will be like with a 100+ pound tortoise. Even though Mr T is only two ounces at this point.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
We are house shopping right now and every house we look at I try to imagine what life will be like with a 100+ pound tortoise. Even though Mr T is only two ounces at this point.
It's wonderful! And a lot easier than a baby, most of the time. Charlie grazes around the yard all day and then goes into his night box by himself. He hasn't figured out the door flaps though, so I have to make sure they are open or he won't go in. Whatever house you'll get, you'll have plenty of time to get the yard ready for when he is big enough to move outside.