Megatron Photo Album

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
That looks nice and lush. He looks like he is in the hiding spot.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
wellington said:
No I can't see him. Where is he and we should get an updated pic of him too. BTW, I like the area.

Yes, picture is only smart phone quality, not big enough to see him. But he is hiding under the cave. It's pretty hot yesterday.

Thank you, I'd like to update him but he doesn't really changed much. Well he increases in size a bit, up 0.5 cm. So how does that make in inch? 0.2 inch? Not so much :D

Momof4 said:
Is he in his hiding spot? I think I see him. Is area looks so nice.

Ditto, you are right and thank you :D

It's quite hot yesterday after days of raining and I'm glad he starts using his hiding spots more and more.

Baoh said:
That looks nice and lush. He looks like he is in the hiding spot.

Thank you and yes, he is hiding there, away from all the hot sun light.

I want to get some potted dwarf olive tree there if I manage to find one.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
It's been a month since I last posted pictures of Megatron. I try to take close up pictures as much as possible with what my phone allows me to do this morning.

Right after soaking time. Curious little guy, isn't he :)
19Jan-Alda01_zps8671611f.jpg

Left close up shot~
19Jan-Alda02_zpseaaa6de6.jpg

Right close up shot~
19Jan-Alda03_zps04d000c6.jpg

Well, he's got a sexy butt for his size :D
19Jan-Alda04_zps11106bd7.jpg

As if today, he is SCL 14.7 cm.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking sooo cute. The first pic almost looks like a fake tort:D How is his/her personality? Very shy or not so much? I have read that they are usually shy until they are around two years old or so.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
wellington said:
Looking sooo cute. The first pic almost looks like a fake tort:D How is his/her personality? Very shy or not so much? I have read that they are usually shy until they are around two years old or so.

Mine is predicted already 2 years old. He is still on the shy side, a bit brave now, but still no fast movement allowed for him. Maybe due to I'm pretty busy right now. The only time I handle him is when I do the daily care for soaking.

Melly-n-shorty said:
Megaton is soooooo cute! he looks to be well cared for :) and you have smoothed him out nicely I think :)

Thank you Mel. I see a couple of smooth growths for now and I hope it grows that way all time. It's been harder for me to ask the babysitter to spray him more per day now, as he likes to stay inside his outdoor hiding place. I should somehow create more high humidity there, but still figuring out how to do that.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Wow, what a great thread! Megatron is beautiful and the outdoor habitat you created for him is like tortoise heaven. Your other tortoises are beautiful too!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, he doesn't look like he's two. I know they all grow at their own pace, but I thought the ones that are at 4 inches were only a few months old. Yours doesn't look much bigger then the 4 inchers.

Also, Aldabramans 21 month old male Tuff almost 2 looks much bigger then yours and he is even undersized for what his 2 year olds usually are. Must be the geographical differences.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
CtTortoiseMom said:
Wow, what a great thread! Megatron is beautiful and the outdoor habitat you created for him is like tortoise heaven. Your other tortoises are beautiful too!

Thank you Erin. Actually I prefer to have a dog as beautiful as yours, but my wife doesn't really like one :p

wellington said:
Wow, he doesn't look like he's two. I know they all grow at their own pace, but I thought the ones that are at 4 inches were only a few months old. Yours doesn't look much bigger then the 4 inchers.

Also, Aldabramans 21 month old male Tuff almost 2 looks much bigger then yours and he is even undersized for what his 2 year olds usually are. Must be the geographical differences.

Yes, he is growing on the slow growth side, but Greg said that still on the growth range for 2 years old. Well who cares, mini aldabra also works fine for me :D

I see Tuff's pictures, and he is bigger than mine for almost the same age. I compare with others in my country, and mine is always on the small side :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Miniature Aldabra. Not that would sell like crazy LOL As long as they grow and are healthy. Who cares how long it takes to get big. :)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
wellington said:
Miniature Aldabra. Not that would sell like crazy LOL As long as they grow and are healthy. Who cares how long it takes to get big. :)

Agreed! And mine is growing, so he might catching up soon :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh, he will catch up. Then you will be longing for those days you could actually lift him.:D

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
wellington said:
Oh, he will catch up. Then you will be longing for those days you could actually lift him.:D

By that time, I'm gonna have to buy another one I guess :D

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
It looks well. Keep up the good work.

mytortET

5 Year Member
Bigger, smaller, as long as he's well cared for and loved! :p He's so cute in the first picture he seems like he's a statue! :D

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
mytortET said:
Bigger, smaller, as long as he's well cared for and loved! :p He's so cute in the first picture he seems like he's a statue! :D

He's very curious little guy and my fingers attract him like some delicious food :D

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Omg! He is so cute! He remind me of Little Foot from the land before time... Lol. Even though he isnt a dinosaur! Its just his adorable face!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
lori12386 said:
Omg! He is so cute! He remind me of Little Foot from the land before time... Lol. Even though he isnt a dinosaur! Its just his adorable face!

Lol so you watch the serials too. Yes, he's got similar face with those dinos :D