10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Yellow Turtle said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Yellow Turtle said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Those look really great!

Thanks, I have tried to find something like this for sometime. At first I want to use clay saucer, but I think it will be easy to get toppled by Megatron. This one is heavy enough and big enough for him to walk around on it

* I think it is perfect. We use glazed dishes for our that size, hard to keep clean!

Good then

That piece of stone is actually for use in kitchen, especially to make chilly sauce, to grind all the chilly, tomato and ingredients there. It is widely used in my country, and I always like its shape

*Granite?

filbertjonathan

5 Year Member
Yellow Turtle said:
I just purchased a new feeding slate 2 days ago. It is made from some mountain stone.

I think this will fit him for several years depending how fast he grows :)

Feeding frenzy :tort:

Hibiscus attack :D

Wewww cuteeee... Where can i get a carpet like yours? Is it okay use that carpet?
Hmmm i think you are one of the members in kas*us, aren't you?

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
filbertjonathan said:
Wewww cuteeee... Where can i get a carpet like yours? Is it okay use that carpet?
Hmmm i think you are one of the members in kas*us, aren't you?

I think nothing beats natural substrate, but I buy the carpet in ace hardware shop. The shop available in all big cities in java.

I have kaskus membership but I never post anything in their tortoise forum. I read it sometime though. The forum here is much more organized and informative, so easier to seek for anything. Members are also very nice.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I have 3 tortoises.
1 aldabra
1 radiata
1 forsteni

I used to have marginata and red foot, but I sold both as I become interested to keep the species that I own now.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Yellow Turtle said:
I have 3 tortoises.
1 aldabra
1 radiata
1 forsteni

I used to have marginata and red foot, but I sold both as I become interested to keep the species that I own now.

May we see pics of each of them?

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Yes sure, I post the picture of my radiata on the first page of this thread and my forsteni in the photo thread and also in the special thread for elongated torts.

There is only 1 picture of my radiata though.

I will get more pictures later.

pga7602

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Hey Yellow Turtle. Wow Megatron looks exactly like mine aldabras. You are doing a wonderful job. The little guy seems to be very happy. I'm digging the rubber duck humidifier as well.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
pga7602 said:
Hey Yellow Turtle. Wow Megatron looks exactly like mine aldabras. You are doing a wonderful job. The little guy seems to be very happy. I'm digging the rubber duck humidifier as well.

Thanks a lot pga. I'm still trying to smooth the new growth. Lets raise healthy aldabras together :D

pga7602

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Shouldn't be that hard. When I got mine, it had slight pyramiding, but daily soaks and the night enclosure I use with high humidity has done wonders. I'll post the progress on my thread this weekend. Since they grow so big, that 1/16 of an inch will disappear if you keep at it.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
pga7602 said:
Shouldn't be that hard. When I got mine, it had slight pyramiding, but daily soaks and the night enclosure I use with high humidity has done wonders. I'll post the progress on my thread this weekend. Since they grow so big, that 1/16 of an inch will disappear if you keep at it.

Yes, I think mine grows smoother now as well.

I just do the routine feeding on him, just can't stop watching him eats :D

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
It is simply amazing to watch Megatron eats. This morning he spent from 9 am to 1 pm there in his stone slate eating. Of course as today is saturday, I gave him some extra treats like pumpkin, green bean and long bean. He just went through them very fast :D

Eating03.jpg

Eating04.jpg

Bonding time~ He likes being stroked on the neck and head. He will stick his head high and stand very high like, like asking for more :)

Bonding.jpg

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
It appears to me that Megatron's quality of growth has improved since you received him. Good work.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Baoh said:
It appears to me that Megatron's quality of growth has improved since you received him. Good work.

Thank you Baoh. I'm still learning for more better treatment.

Like now still finding more knowledge to do deworming for all my torts. I still not yet find a trusted vet, so need to do by myself. Need to be sure of the treatment dosage first.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Megatron stays here full time now and not only for grazing
AldabraEnclosure02_zps20bb71fb.jpg

Can you spot him in the picture? :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No I can't see him. Where is he and we should get an updated pic of him too. BTW, I like the area.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Is he in his hiding spot? I think I see him. Is area looks so nice.