Meet Alibumba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
What I like the most about my pancakes, is how lizard-like they are in their actions. I've never had a tortoise actively follow my hand with its mouth open, trying for a bite.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
My new female loves trying to eat my hand an fingers.

After the 3rd dosage collect a stool and get it to the vet when possible to make sure all parasites are dead, and do you collect all his poo an take it out of the tank? Once the parasites are all gone you will no longer have to do that.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Yes as soon as he poops i make sure i get it out of the tank asap, I also clean his entire tank everyday as well as brushing and cleaning off his shell and legs. He's been so much more active.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
AustinASU said:
Yes as soon as he poops i make sure i get it out of the tank asap, I also clean his entire tank everyday as well as brushing and cleaning off his shell and legs. He's been so much more active.

That is good to hear!

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
He pooped this morning and this is his second time I've noticed zero parasites moving around in his poop. I'll continue to monitor his progress.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
AustinASU said:
He pooped this morning and this is his second time I've noticed zero parasites moving around in his poop. I'll continue to monitor his progress.

I take that back, he still has a few left. How long will the panacur stay in his system? He's received 3 doses already this week. When should i give him more?

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
AustinASU said:
AustinASU said:

I take that back, he still has a few left. How long will the panacur stay in his system? He's received 3 doses already this week. When should i give him more?

Do you have some remaining? The vet should have given you the amount you have to give him for how ever many dosage? Just call the vet to get some more for another dosage to treat him.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Yeah he gave me three .15cc doses and i've used all of it now. Yeah i'll give them a call in the morning to see what they recommend. First time i've dealt with this many parasites.

Vickie

5 Year Member
Such a pretty one! Oh here is something funny for all you pancake tortoise lovers. My son saw the picture and thought he was so pretty yet he was VERY concerned. He asked me what had happened to him to flatten him out and if he would be ok. LOL

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Bahaha the people at petco when they got him freaked out, they were like omg did someone drop him or smoosh the box....lols but one of the managers was like no it's a pancake tortoise a customer ordered in lola. And thank you vickie.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Hi CorurtneyG,

He's doing excellent, this guy must've been gut loaded with worms!!!! He pooped today and i took it out with gloves and disected it and found only one worm. I'm gonna give him one more dose tomorrow and see what progress i've made from there. But if you'd seen the first poop he did here...you'd thought he pooped a caterpillar.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
AustinASU said:
Hi CorurtneyG,

He's doing excellent, this guy must've been gut loaded with worms!!!! He pooped today and i took it out with gloves and disected it and found only one worm. I'm gonna give him one more dose tomorrow and see what progress i've made from there. But if you'd seen the first poop he did here...you'd thought he pooped a caterpillar.

That is good to hear, just finish the course the vet gave and then collect a sample to be floated to make sure there are no more smaller parasites and eggs left over.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
:) no parasites that i can see in the poop, i'll keep a close watch to see if anything comes up. Then if nothing comes up in a month i'll do a fecal float test.

Thanks Lindsey, there are a really awesome species to have, so active....and will climb a llllllllllllllll day!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Check on your temps. Maybe alittle too warm if overly active. That said, my female is active all day, whereas my male hangs out in the crevices most days watching football. He comes out to eat and drink then heads back in for, “Cops".

And great news in the clean poop. I'd check in ten days because at this stage you wouldn't seen eggs with a loop.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Temps are 85F under his rock cave and 98-105 on the light end. He usually roams after his food settles an hour or so after eating. Then he goes on his daily walk around....i feel bad keeping him in the quarantine tank but once he's all clear he'll have a nice enclosure to go too.

Status
Not open for further replies.