Meet Alibumba

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
My new male pancake tortoise i got for half off at petco. He sure is a shy little fella, i'm waiting for monday to come around to take him to the vet for a fecal examination (parasites in poop) :( Here are a few pics of him. He is extremely camera shy he likes to hide in the rock crevices in the quarantine tank.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Nice looking little guy. Can you just take a sample to your vet, and avoid the added cost of a full blown visit?
I like the raisin bran smiling sunburst on the scute over the tail. My male has that as well.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
My vets pretty cheap plus it's his first visit under my ownership, that way they can show me the correct dosage.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So I actively weigh mine for any dosing info. Hell, I'm training my vet for reptiles. But she's a good friend and due to this friendship, she now has a baby sulcata setup in a humid enclosure of my design as well as her daughter has an old russian male tortoise I passed on to them, and her son has a corn snake yearling I hooked them up with. Also, the 3 year old sulcata I refer to as the unnamed one that I got with Fred, is hers when they get their outdoor enclosure built.
All that said, yes I do have pictures of my male pancake. ImageUploadedByTortForum1370202841.705493.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1370202903.604962.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Hahaha you got her hooked up with the reptiles I see :p And your male is very nice, i like how much white he has.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Here is my female. I was hoping for more stark contrast like my male but so it goes. ImageUploadedByTortForum1370206322.556903.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Wow she's really nice, I hope to get a few females in the coming years but I want to quarantine one at a time.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Hes awesome Austin. Hope you find a female. I here from my importer friends in the business they will be hardly coming in anymore. Great news for the wild at least.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TortForum mobile app

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
tortadise said:
Hes awesome Austin. Hope you find a female. I here from my importer friends in the business they will be hardly coming in anymore. Great news for the wild at least.

They are still being captured, they are just heading to china which is a hot market.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Your right Ken. i was merely only describing the US market. Hopefully they shut it down completely.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
At the rate China is going it'll be a while. I may buy two or three females from LLL reptiles.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
With them currently having a CITES-II classification, I think with their low reproductive rate of a couple eggs a year, soon they will be listed CITES-I classification.
For me what I find troubling is it seems more sub-adults are now being captured, which leads me to believe we may already have taken out the easy, breeding adults.
Or, on the other hand, same money and more to the pound.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Just got back from camp, luckily Petco has a 15 day health guarantee so i didn't have to pay for the vet bill for getting my guy dewormed. I've got him currently on panacur, and the first dose made him even more active. I haven't seen any parasites moving in his poop so this is a good first step, i have two more syringes left ( it's hard to find something this guy likes to eat.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Cowboy_Ken said:
Here is my female. I was hoping for more stark contrast like my male but so it goes.

She looks lovely Ken, I recently got a captive bred female, but it will be about 3 years before she is ready to breed though.

Your male looks lovely, have you tried spring greens to get him to eat? Would not be surprised if they had him on those fruit pellet things they feed the Russians.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Yes they had him on those damn pellets.....smh. I swear the first 5 minutes i got him home he ate for an hour and took a monster poop after he basked in his shallow pool. Thats when i saw he has parasites so i got him on panacur after a vet visit, he just got his last dosage tonight. I saw few worms in his last stool hopefully this third dose will do the trick. I'm still trying to find a female, i was hoping this guy was going to be a female but for the price i can't be too picky and he is so friendly he'll let me pet his neck and feed him by hand.

Click to watch Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/i]

Status
Not open for further replies.