Mazuri Poll

How often do you offer Mazuri and/or ZooMed diet?

• Mazuri - more than 75% of diet

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Mazuri - approx. 50% of diet

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Mazuri - 25% or less of diet

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Mazuri - never

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • ZooMed - more than 75% of diet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZooMed - approx. 50% of diet

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • ZooMed - 25% or less of diet

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • ZooMed - never

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
You guys know how I love polls! :p

I just wanted to see in what ratios people generally offer Mazuri and/or ZooMed diets, since those seem to be the most popular/commonly offered commercial diets. I remember there's another, but its not commonly available to some (and expensive!).

I know this isn't a perfect poll, since the diet can vary with the species, as well as the individual tortoise. But I just wanted a general idea.

NOTE: Multiple choice allowed for those who feed both brands, or one over the other. And when I say ZooMed, I'm referring to any of the ZooMed tortoise diets (grassland or forest), whichever is applicable in your case.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I feed Mazuri maybe once every other week and to maybe a fourth of my tortoises only.

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
Mine get a little bit of moistened and mashed Mazuri pasted on their greens maybe three to four days a month at the most.

Dagashi

5 Year Member
Because our torts take it upon themselves to snub wilted vegetables, and that we have a ton of MAzuri from the 25 pound bag we got, we give them one/two pieces of Mazuri each a day. We usually give them two if we don't give them much vegetables. (they can't eat 3! we noticed that they'll be too full at 3) If we pile on the greens, we leave a piece of mazuri in there as a snack for them to much on later.

we have a 2-second-soak to keep the mazuri slightly moistened but not mashy. We just soak it in the water dish for 2 secs and take it out and place it in the feeding dish. They smell it a mile away.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Based on the primary ingredient percentages ZooMed Grassland & ZooMed Forest are probably a better choice for most tortoises than Mazuri. Any of the three are better than Marion Red Sticks.

None should be the primary or staple food but are a decent source of additonal nutrients along with a good quality, varied diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.