• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
This poll is based on supplemental diet. I presume that all of you allow your torts to graze. What I want to know is do you offer greens (Spring Mix, Santa Barbara Mix, Romaine, etc). Do you offer Mazuri or Zoo Med (Grassland or Forest Diet). And do you offer cactus on a regular basis. I'm not interested in what you do once-in-a-while. I'm interested in routine.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I voted for ZooMed as I have never used Mazuri. Infact - not even sure if I can get it up here. Is it the same Mazuri that people feed rodents?

My russian will eat a little bit of ZooMed Grassland but not much. I only offer small amounts so less waste and she still benefits from the variety in her diet.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
We feed hatchlings only natural vegitation, grass, weeds, cactus, etc. We feed our adult colony Mazuri during egg laying season only.We feed anything over one year special things when in season, like pumpkins and watermelon, etc.....

2iu9t1i.jpg

2iscbbr.jpg

xdz7t1.jpg

jjqwrl.jpg

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Eventhough I am forced to use romaine and spring mix in the winter, much as I would rather not feed that, at least 7 months of the year, I add whatever is growing in my yard at the time. Right now, that includes dandelion, leaves and flowers, fresh grass (cut in 1 1/2" lengths)deadnettle, clover,opuntia,plantain. Later, grape, maple,and mulberry leaves. I soak the mazuri, add the rest and mix. I usually sprinkle calcium carbonate on top.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
There wasn't an option for Mazuri/Grassland/greens so I chose Mazuri/greens

His outdoor enclosure has not been completed and there aren't any weeds/grass for thim to eat and since he lives w/ me in my apartment it's mainly been store bought greens with mazuri/grass land mix.

as soon as I get it set up I'll be able to leave him everyday to graze. Then when i take him home at night, I'll have him eat Mazuri w/ store bought stuff.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I keep primarily Northern Mediterranean Testudo species, along with a small group of Pancake tortoises and a lone Burmese Brown. Probably in the future, as in the past, I will again keep Redfoots and more Burmese Browns. I feed them all the same diet: 80-85% grocery store greens and wild weeds (based solely on seasonal availability); 15-20% variety of vegetables. In that mix I feed them Mazuri once a week, mixed with greens. I have only started using Mazuri within the past year and half. So far with favorable results to the point that I may begin increasing the amount of Mazuri that I feed my tortoises.

I think I am also going to give Dean's "Tortoise Lasagna" a try. I like the compositions of it.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
FernandoM said:
There wasn't an option for Mazuri/Grassland/greens so I chose Mazuri/greens

His outdoor enclosure has not been completed and there aren't any weeds/grass for thim to eat and since he lives w/ me in my apartment it's mainly been store bought greens with mazuri/grass land mix.

as soon as I get it set up I'll be able to leave him everyday to graze. Then when i take him home at night, I'll have him eat Mazuri w/ store bought stuff.

Ah! You caught me! I just realized that I forgot to add the Mazuri/Zoo Med combo choice! This is what I do for Aladar...the babies are strictly Mazuri/cactus:p

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Mine get a big mixture. Mazuri twice a week. Weeds, leafs, flowers, spring mix and cactus on a regular bases.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I have also starting feeding the "Lasagna" on a regular basis, both my torts enjoy it..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Only my red foot likes mazuri I tried it with all of them, and he is the only one who likes it, so he get mazuri and greens once a week, he would eat it everyday if I let him, he seem addicted to it.

Correction my boxies also like it

brymanda

5 Year Member
Florida
Mine used to eat the forest zoomed really well, now they hardly touch it and then only when I put applesauce on top. Does anyone know if the stuff gets stale? I got a giant bottle at an expo 2 years ago that I'm still working on

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I Feed My Little One A Mixture Of All Those, except Zoo med

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Torty Mom said:
I use mazuri, cactus, weeds and greens.

Me too, but there was no box for that. I also feed mulberry leaves, grape rose and hibiscus leaves, and a whole bunch of other stuff too.

M

Maggie Cummings

I feed Mazuri twice a week to everybody and 3 or 4 times a week to Bob. They also get a s***load of different dark leafy greens and different softened squashes as a treat. I mostly keep desert species' and they are fed what a healthy diet would be for those species'

OllieInAZ

5 Year Member
Tempe, AZ
'all of the above' cactus and greens + zoomed & mazuri for my hatchlings. Amun mostly grazes but gets a plate of salad du jour

Status
Not open for further replies.