Is Mazuri healthier than Zoomed Grassland Tortoise Food?

Dosu

Location (City and/or State)
Kuwait
Hello everyone,
When I found my greek spur thighed tortoise 1-2 weeks ago, he would ONLY eat romaine lettuce. Now, after abit of tricking and tough love, he will eat radish greens, rocket leaves, kale and romaine lettuce. However, I still don't think only eating this is healthy as there isn't a lot of nutrition and since I live in Kuwait and I can't get any weeds like dandilions and hibiscus, I decided that I'll order some tortoise food (mazuri/zoomed grassland) so he can eat it in addition to the veggies. I'll be ordering the tortoise food from the US and I can only do this once (since shipping is crazy expensive). This poses a problem for me. Because I can only order this once, I'll be buying it in huge bulks and the problem is if my tortoise doesnt like/eat what I order, I'm stuck with what I buy. If would be helpful if someone could tell me what tortoises prefer more, Mazuri or Zoomed Grassland Tortoise Food and which one is healthier.
Thanks

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I am not sure which one is healthier. I use both, and Mazuri is definitely easier to get them to eat.

Dosu

Kuwait
I am not sure which one is healthier. I use both, and Mazuri is definitely easier to get them to eat.
Thank you for the reply!
I definitely leaning towards Mazuri. I've read a couple of other threads and some are saying the exact same thing as you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are just different things. One is not "healthier".

Mazuri is a good nutritional supplement.
ZooMed Grassland stuff is good for adding fiber to a diet of grocery store greens.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree the Mazuri is easier to get them to eat. I usually buy two bags at a time now, and I store the extra large bad in the freezer to help keep it fresh. If you can't store the whole bag, break it down to smaller freezer storage bags.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm not sure what quantity you are looking to purchase, but I know that Mazuri eventually goes bad. I am unsure of the shelf life of the ZooMed. My big redfoot likes both though.