Maleware On Carolina pet supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
My mother and I tried going on the computer on carolinapetsupply.com to order some TNT, but her computer warns her that the website contains maleware. Is there amother place we can get it? Has anyone had this problem?

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Either your moms computer is already infected with a virus and that notification is called a "spoof". A fake virus notification stemming from a current virus.

Or it really is the site.

What anti virus software/internet security software do you have on the computer?

If I try to go onto that website my awesome Kaspersky will tell me if that site has anything. If it doesn't, than you are dealing with a spoof.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
She uses Mcaffe, but it was her web browser that brought it up, not the virus detection. She used bing and google and both said it. But I go on my Ipod to that site and nothing has happened. It said it was detected by google.

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I get these warnings from McAfee site advisor occasionally, even on TFO. Site advertising on many websites is sourced via google and some of them are not "clean". McAfee site advisor, however, is good at detecting these.

So, the problem is not with the site, it is with one of the adverts on the page. If you look, you will see an advert carried by the site has been blacked out by McAfee making the page safe for you.

You can purchase from this site as normal and you will be fine as long as you don't decide to unblock the unsafe ad.

McAfee AntiVirus is packaged with Site Advisor which attaches to your web browser and checks all the sites you visit. It checks the google searched you make too and puts green ticks next to safe sites. I have actually uninstalled the McAfee antivirus and use Microsoft Security Essentials instead because it's updates are free and it's better in my opinion. I left Site Advisor because you don't have to pay for it and it is useful!

(PS My day job is an IT technician and eSafety trainer :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.