Making a Tyrone Cobbler ...blog #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Making a Tyrone cobbler....

So the bricks have finally soaked and was ready to change Tyrone's substrate. Got to thinking about his water dish ... Currently he has an 8 inch ceramic pie dish. He has really gone thru a growth spurt because it is just big enough for his shell. When he soaks in it his head hangs over the side like and escaped piece of apple filling!

Anyway I knew I had some extra Pyrex oblong casserole dishes in the basement, that I use when I take desserts to parties and such. I figured what the heck, I will use one of those! He will have plenty of room now!

So there I was scooping our Tyrone's substrate so I could put the fresh in.
And hubby walks into the kitchen, asking what's for dinner tonight. (Tyrone's viv is in the hallway between living room and kitchen)

Hubby:what's for dinner?
Me: I haven't given it a thought why?
Hubby: I don't know I am kinda hungry..
Me: not me ... Ewww tort poo

At this point I figure hubby could run down stairs and grab the Pyrex dish

Me:hey, can you go downstairs and grab the brown pyrex casserole dish.
Hubby: the one you make peach cobbler in?
Me: yeah that's the one.
Hubby:sure!

I continue to scoop, thinking about how to keep Tyrone from getting it so dirty..I know I will put rocks around it, I have more nice sized rocks.

Hubby comes back up stairs and he is mumbling something, I can't understand.

Hubby:there ya go! When are you going to start cooking?
Me: I don't know! I have my elbows in Tyrone poo, I really ain't thinking about food!
Hubby:I can check and see what we have in the pantry?
Me: ...what? ..ok yeah that's fine..

Hubby goes over to the pantry and I hear cans being moved around, and then I can hear cupboard doors opening and closing ..

Hubby: I need to wash this dish it looks clean but got a little dusty in the cabinet downstairs, what else do you need?
Me: just make sure you rinse it real well, I don't want him eating soap

Hubby: do you want cherry or peach? Or how about apple?
Me:what? I am not hungry right now

(I am thinking how am I gonna eat an apple with tort poo on my hands?)

Hubby: I like peach the best, but you have several apple
Me:That's nice...?

Hubbyk! It's all clean! I also got out the flour and sugar and melted some butter
Me:melted butter? Giggling...What are you going to do give him a massage? (I crack up at myself sometimes)
Hubby: give who a massage? What are you talking about now!?!
Me: Tyrone!
Hubby:why would I give him a massage? Besides I am trying to help you make an apple cobbler!
Me:What apple cobbler?!? Who said I am making an apple cobbler?!?
Hubby: you did!
Me: are YOU crazy?! I never said any such thing!
Hubby: yes you did! You had me go get the cobbler dish! And made me wash it!
Me WHAT?!? I never made you wash it! You asked me if I wanted it washed!
Hubby:I know! I washed it!
Me: I know! thanks! Geesh!
Hubby:I melted the butter and got the flour and the sugar out.
Me: well good for you! What are you making?
Hubby:I wasn't making anything! You're making an apple cobbler!
Me:I never said I was making a cobbler!
Hubby: then why in the hell did I just go get the cobbler dish and wash it for?!
Me:...cracking up... OOoooOooH that's Tyrone's new soaking dish!

at this point hubby walks away disgusted and mumbling to himself, as I start laughing so hard I have to sit down, before I spill stinky substrate all over the floor!

This is 100% true ... I go thru this crazy stuff everyday! I swear my family should be on reality TV!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man I on your husbands side on that one. He was all ready for some pie! And then no pie!Did you end up making some?

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
Man I on your husbands side on that one. He was all ready for some pie! And then no pie!Did you end up making some?

Nope! I might this weekend if he behaves!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's a great story. I kinda feel sorry for him, NOT:D They need to get it, it's all about the tort now, then them:D I do think you should make him a cobbler though. If you have another brown cobbler dish, make it in that one, freak him out a little:p :)

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
wellington said:
That's a great story. I kinda feel sorry for him, NOT:D They need to get it, it's all about the tort now, then them:D I do think you should make him a cobbler though. If you have another brown cobbler dish, make it in that one, freak him out a little:p :)

OmG that would be great! I dont have anymore brown ones darn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.