Lost cherryhead baby

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Could you put some kind of camera there to film that part? Maybe he'll show up. I would keep offering Mazuri and would search again and again. Keep the lamps there. Don't give up, people find their tortoises after months. I hope you find him soon.
Awww thank you! Unfortunately I'm make a lousy and totally illequiped spy! Don't have a camera that would be appropriate for a stake out there. I have to do this all "low tech".

Kori5

I figured, cameras with good resolution are expensive for regular people that are not in youtube or movie industry. But someone is eating your mazuri, hope he is :). I doubt he is far, considering the weather previous days. Maybe he shows up if it gets warmer? What do the say about the next few days?

Southern California
I hope that you already found him, I lost my old russian tortoise a couple of years ago beacuase I put him in the garden to ea the lettuce and veggies that I grew for him. I forgot about him that night and didn't find him for three days. There was a trail, like the type a gopher leaves when he near the ground. I followed the trail about ten feet underneath the edge of the garden bed and dug a small hole at the end and I found him still digging away. Luckily, those nights were in the high sixties. Best of luck

Pearly

5 Year Member
Thank you Guys, last 2 nights were cold (close to freezing temps) but it's warming up nowImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1455118764.440645.jpg still looking for my sweet boy

Kori5

Have you considered that maybe someone took him and won't return him?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Have you considered that maybe someone took him and won't return him?
That's always a possibility, but who would ever? And why???? This is a nice a peaceful neighborhood of dog/cat lovers. I don't typically hear about people keeping reptiles... But... you never know

Pearly

5 Year Member
So was hoping you had found him. Is it at all possible a bird took him? Fingers crossed he is found
Number of possibilities exists, I'm still keeping the heating lamps out there and putting fresh food/water dishes daily. Today was such beautiful afternoon I put Shellie out there and watched her, where she'd go for cover, but she'd just go hide under big strawberry plant, or bushy parsley, no digging at all. She does dig inside her "nursery" at times. I'm just going through the motions now, but still hopeful. Have not seen birds big enough to handle Tucker's size lately, so hopefully not. Thanks for checking on us

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I wonder if some sorrt of humane trap baited with his favorite food would work?

Pearly

5 Year Member
I wonder if some sorrt of humane trap baited with his favorite food would work?
I wish I was handy enough to make one of those but if I see more signs of activity when temps warm up over here, I may rent one of those out. Thanks for this idea

Pearly

5 Year Member
Just went back to Tortoise Library the emegency preparideness section there. I haven't taken the flyer with Tucker's picture to vet clinic and pet store in our area, also I think I'll change the header from "lost tortoise" to "lost turtle". Most people love baby turtles and don't know about tortoises. It also suggested in that section after completing sequence of steps (things to do in the process of searching) to go back to step 1 which is getting on hands and knees and feeling with hands every plant base, wall perimeter of the block around my house. God, I love it that so many smart people share their know how and make it available to idiots like me