Baby Cherryhead shipped to young?

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
What you describe sounds like normal baby behavior. Mine didn't bask much until they grew a little larger, bolder. It'll take a while to see what they prefer since they hide for the majority of the first year (in my case). Just continue with the general temps and humidity, keep a solid routine going, and monitor weight/length on a monthly basis.

It really is confusing at first with plenty of information out there. What works for some may not work for others and so you'll have to pick and choose what parts you wish to follow. I swear it does get much, much easier!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
What you describe sounds like normal baby behavior. Mine didn't bask much until they grew a little larger, bolder. It'll take a while to see what they prefer since they hide for the majority of the first year (in my case). Just continue with the general temps and humidity, keep a solid routine going, and monitor weight/length on a monthly basis.

It really is confusing at first with plenty of information out there. What works for some may not work for others and so you'll have to pick and choose what parts you wish to follow. I swear it does get much, much easier!
Thank you! I have a thread in "enclosures" section of "general topics" (or something like that), put few pictures there if you have the time to look and offer your feedback

allegraf

10 Year Member!
So what's the target temp for basking and the "desert area" please? I'll get it right, one of these days
I don't have the answer to your question, but I would recommend that you check out tortoiselibrary.com, it has plenty of good info to help.