Losing hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
I had pretty much the same bill when Mort was diagnosed with pnuemonia. The feeding tube I think saved his life (the antibiotics helped also)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using TortForum mobile app

Vickie

5 Year Member
I pray he was able to be diagnosed and is improving? My heart breaks for you its so hard to see an animal suffer. :(

ainfalt

5 Year Member
Tank is staying at the vet for the next seven days. They did bloodwork and said the levels for his kidneys was a bit high. They also detected a slight infection which they're giving him antibiotics for. Also giving him a medication to Get his digestive tract and bowels moving. They have given him some food through the feeding tube and more fluids. They posted a picture of him on their Facebook page for me to see. I've posted it for you guys to see as well. I will keep everybody updated. Thank you for all the suggestions and well wishes!

ImageUploadedByTortForum1371586911.557436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Thanks for the update. Poor guy....but he's getting the treatment he needs. Hope he gets well soon.

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
Hang in there Tank The dr has the cure for you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I hope he gets better soon poor little guy.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
what did the xray show?
what are they feeding him thru the tube? mineral oil with help lube things....mixed with food.. like canned pumpkin..
hope it goes well

clucey

5 Year Member
We have a "Tank" too!! You are both in our thoughts and good mojo. You ate doing the right thing. Aloha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Hope all goes well w/ Tank! Dont lose hope! Best wishes from Bay Area California! Keep us posted!

WinterRose

5 Year Member
Huntington Beach, CA
Lot's of people here pulling for you and your family, Tank!!! Can't wait to hear that you're back to normal soon.

I'm glad that he's getting all the care he needs :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Did the Vet just take an ordinary X-Ray? Does sound like he is impacted. I would get a barium x-ray. Its hard to see impaction on bone radiographs. Barium will show the intestines, and if their is a blockage.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Wow, that picture breaks my heart. You are doing everything you can, sending love and hope to you both!!

kjr153

5 Year Member
Hang in there Tank! Tank is so luck to have such a caring family that would obviously do ANYTHING for him.

schuyler22

5 Year Member
I have all the confidence in the world Tank will get better quickly!!! That feeding tube really is a game changer and a life saver!! You and Tank are in our thoughts!!!!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using TortForum mobile app

ainfalt

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone for all the kind words! They really have helped a lot! Last night I had a very good dream about Tank and he was doing well with his feeding tube and was happy. I went to the vet to see him today and he looked about the same but the doctor said he just pooped! That's a step in the right direction for sure. I was there while the doc fed him through the tube. He said what he is feeding him is called critical care which is basically ground up hay. It's hard seeing him with the tube and I miss him but I know he is going to feel so much better. Thanks for the support, you guys are wonderful. Ill keep you posted. ImageUploadedByTortForum1371745869.433695.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I know your vet very well (He posted your picture on his clinics FB page). He's the best exotic vet in AZ in my opinion, so I think your tortoise is in good hands.

Hope it ends well!

ainfalt

5 Year Member
Yes, he did! He said he was going to post again but I haven't checked yet. Thank you for telling me, it helps to hear that. :)

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm definitely going to switch to the vet you use. After seeing this post I checked out their website. They are closer than the vet I have been using and after the last visit with no direct answers I'm ready to try someone new. I'm happy to hear Tank is doing better!

schuyler22

5 Year Member
Critical Care is awesome, that's what my vet put Trigger on!!! Super helpful. Yay Tank!!! Feel better quickly little dude!!!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.