Light fixture question

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes. If you don't need the stand, you can also get the lights a little cheaper at the home improvement type stores and even some hardware stores. They are usually silver instead of black and make sure they are the ones with the ceramic socket. The one in the link you posted will work too.

Jenblalock003

wellington said:
Yes. If you don't need the stand, you can also get the lights a little cheaper at the home improvement type stores and even some hardware stores. They are usually silver instead of black and make sure they are the ones with the ceramic socket. The one in the link you posted will work too.

THANK YOU! Exactly what I needed to know! You guys are so helpful! Ty!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The link is for a stand, not a light fixture. That stand should work for any fixture. And any fixture rated for over 100 watts with a ceramic base should work for your CHE.

Jenblalock003

Tom said:
The link is for a stand, not a light fixture. That stand should work for any fixture. And any fixture rated for over 100 watts with a ceramic base should work for your CHE.

Perfect thanks Tom! I love how some stores will sell the bulb and not the fixture! They could make it easier lol But thanks sooo much for all the help!

Jenblalock003

Tom said:

I found a ceramic base fixture at lowes. It's for up to 100 watts. That should be fine right?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jenblalock003 said:
Tom said:

I found a ceramic base fixture at lowes. It's for up to 100 watts. That should be fine right?

I would get something bigger. CHEs get hotter than regular light bulbs, so if that fixture is rated for a 100 watt light bulb, the CHE might get too hot. I use the 11" aluminum domed, ceramic based fixtures for CHE's. They also have a heavy duty cord. I get mine for about $12 at HD, but Lowes might have them too. These are rated to 250 watts if memory serves...

Jenblalock003

Tom said:
Jenblalock003 said:
Tom said:

I would get something bigger. CHEs get hotter than regular light bulbs, so if that fixture is rated for a 100 watt light bulb, the CHE might get too hot. I use the 11" aluminum domed, ceramic based fixtures for CHE's. They also have a heavy duty cord. I get mine for about $12 at HD, but Lowes might have them too. These are rated to 250 watts if memory serves...

Ok perfect! Thanks so much Tom! I'll check Home Depot!