Leopard in bad condition

tortoisetime565

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I absolutely love LLLreptile.

I am sorry to hear about your Leo. I had one that didn't make it. Not from lllreptiles, but he acted the same way.

B_Daniel_K

He seems to be gaining lots of weight. Shell it's still a little soft but I can feel it getting harder. Pyramiding is still pretty bad but daily 30 min soaks along with hi humidity/temps should curtail it. Eyes are for the most part closed but every onc in a while i see him open his left eye. (I think the eye problem was from the old coil light i had.) Its really amazing how much the wrong type of light bulb can affect the animal. Anyways, he's doing much better overall and is still improving health wise.

P.S. I forgot to say that i traced all of his symptoms to the type of light i was using.

B_Daniel_K

Today his eyes opened without being soaked. I wonder if its because I moved him into a lage terrarium for humidity and easy temp controls...

B_Daniel_K

Here's a picture of there enclosure. I bought the largest terrarium i could find and put cypress mulch with daily mistings. Also the light is inside the terrarium for temp control reasons. I use a powersun 100watt mercury vapor bulb and have some fake plants and 2 hiding places.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
Still progressing? If you find you're still having trouble keeping heat and humidity up, I've covered two thirds of my enclosure in press n seal seran wrap to help keep heat in.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes. Any update of this little guy??