just need to vent.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
"The weather guessers"....OMG! I LOVE that. My husband will get a much needed laugh from this one. Thank you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is a good one Ken. They sure do guess and usually not to good either. TerryO, I sure hope they are all okay. Most likely it is warmer down where they are. The snow will help as an insulator and they don't have the wind chill.
This weather is just nuts all over most of the US. Not that we aren't used too getting this here in Chicago, we are, it's just been a while since we have had this kind of cold. Heck the snow we got dump back three years ago, that closed up the streets and put Chicago on a stand still, should have held us over for a lot more years then it did.:D. They say we get this every 10-14 years. Well, that had better hold true. I don't want to see this kind of winter for a long time. Today for most should be the end. A slow warm up for a couple days then back into the mid to upper 30's. Fingers crossed its on the way to spring like temps from then on:D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
The “Olde Farmers Almanac" says this winter is to be colder than normal for most of the US. But they don't have a very good percentage either.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Just checking in to see how are you doing. Still have you in my thought and Prayer.

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
If you guys need any help let me know I'm just in greenwood not far from you. I've received help when my little girl was born missing a kidney and had a infection in there and would love to be able to pay it forward. We are praying for you and your family.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
JohnBoy1 said:
If you guys need any help let me know I'm just in greenwood not far from you. I've received help when my little girl was born missing a kidney and had a infection in there and would love to be able to pay it forward. We are praying for you and your family.

That's sweet of you. You little girl is fine now?

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
In a way yes, she will be on antibiotics the rest of her life and will need surgery a few times but she is great. Thank you for asking. Il have to post some pics of her with her rocky the suly. Thanks everybody for all the help and support.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks John, thats very nice of you! Glad your daughter is doing good now! I have been gone for awile, had a lot of problems getting on here. So tonight I emailed Josh and he got it fixed for me. I went to court last Friday for my disability and was told by my lawyer that I did good, but it will be about 60 days to get an answer... That was the last thing I was thinking, that I would have to wait so long. Thats life I guess. But the car and truck finance companys dont really care, so I need them to get me an answer fast, time will tell I guess. Hope you all are having a good night!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
JohnBoy1 said:
In a way yes, she will be on antibiotics the rest of her life and will need surgery a few times but she is great. Thank you for asking. Il have to post some pics of her with her rocky the suly. Thanks everybody for all the help and support.

So they will never get the infection completely gone? Are future surgeries because of her growth along the way?

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
She has been on a antibiotic since she was diagnosed missing a kidney and having reflux at 2 weeks old. Anytime she gets sick she has to be catheterized to check kidney function and make sure there is no infection. She will need surgery when she reaches her time to start her cycle because her lady parts never opened up.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, JohnBoy1, that's tuff. Glad she is doing good, but sad she and you have quite the bumpy road at times ahead. Hoping all the detours will go very well.

Chris, glad your back on. Sucks you have too wait too hear about your court case. The good thing though, when you do finally get approved, the back pay check will be REALLY nice:D. As for your vehicles, if you can, send them something every month. Like 20 bucks or more if you can. They can't really do anything as long as your making some kind of payments. If I assumed correctly about your vehicle comment:D. Usually too if you call them, they will help with a payment plan, lower then what it is now. The only problem with that, if it's more then you can afford to pay a t this time, and you miss that payment, well then they can proceed as if you missed the original purchasing agreement. Better to just send each month what you can.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
wellington said:
Wow, JohnBoy1, that's tuff. Glad she is doing good, but sad she and you have quite the bumpy road at times ahead. Hoping all the detours will go very well.

Chris, glad your back on. Sucks you have too wait too hear about your court case. The good thing though, when you do finally get approved, the back pay check will be REALLY nice:D. As for your vehicles, if you can, send them something every month. Like 20 bucks or more if you can. They can't really do anything as long as your making some kind of payments. If I assumed correctly about your vehicle comment:D. Usually too if you call them, they will help with a payment plan, lower then what it is now. The only problem with that, if it's more then you can afford to pay a t this time, and you miss that payment, well then they can proceed as if you missed the original purchasing agreement. Better to just send each month what you can.

Thanks for the info Barb! How are ya? Are you getting hammered with todays storm? They put my county right smack in the middle of a narrow band of what could be 12-16 inches of snow by tomorrow... Im way over this mess! Then another storm for Friday saturday.. Will it ever end this season? As far as the court thing, if I do get it that back pay will for sure get the bills paid. Goona pay off either 1 or both vehicles. Thats a good chunck of money extra a month since they are both just over $500 a month. On another note, The last 3 weeks Ophelia has went buck wild. She spends hours digging and scratching at her cage. And there is no new reason that would have caused her to start this. The only thing that seems to even calm her is no lights at all. She has never acted this way before. Any ideas?? Have a good evening.

tortoise_man2

My grandpa had three different types of cancer In his life he is still alive. With God you will come through. I am praying for you.

God bless you

David S.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh, Chris, I don't think this ugly white stuff is every going too end:(. More tonight, into tomorrow. I don't think we are getting the ice storms though. :D
I think it's getting to Ophelia too. Who isn't it getting to. Show her some sunshine and grassy pics, maybe it will calm her down into thinking she's outside soaking up the rays:D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hey Chris, I knew a family some years ago that had a little girl with one kidney. They didn't even know until she was 5 years old and had a urinary infection. When they x-rayed her, they only saw one kidney! They automatically put her in critical until the infection was over. She lived a normal life, but to be on macrobid for the rest of her life isn't really bad. The antibiotic just keeps her fluids in check so that she doesn't have another infection. What John has to do is make sure she stays healthy in other areas, like diabetes, high blood pressure. It may be wise to see if she qualifies for a kidney transplant. She may have to be put on a list. But, having two working kidneys is better than just having one.

Also, as far as the disability goes, I can't understand why you have to go through so much to get it. You're clearly one that needs it! You'll get it now because you have a lawyer fighting for you, but, I think of so many out there with real disabilities and they are denied help everytime. Ugh!!! Glad to see things may be turning for you soon! I'm thinking and praying for you!!

tortoise_man2

Too bad you don't like the cold :( I on the other hand love it. If I lived in Florida I would switch places with you in a heart beat.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi Chris!!! Has Ophelia been with a male in the last 5 years or so? How deep are you offering her substrate at? At least as deep as she is long then ad an inch or two....

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Hi Angela. Maybe I need to make it deeper now. She has been fine with everything until about 4 weeks ago. She has never been with a male though. She is driving me insane honestly...
tortoise_man2: I miss Florida so bad! I was born in Orlando, then I went back down and lived in Tampa for 4 years. I WANT TO GO BACK! :)