Jacques, the Eastern Mud Turtle

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
i would have no problem giving jacques a try if you got to that point , from pics she looks fairly healthy ......... if you put her outside be aware of critters that eat turtles , a well constructed chicken wire frame over the pool should be sufficient ........

Thanks Mark!
I would only put her out during the day when we are home. I know we have raccoons and the occasional coyote making trouble at night, so she’ll be inside at night!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Ok, @Yvonne G
Jacques' carapace and her shoulder skin both measure 80* by my temperature gun. She is currently floating at the far end of her tank- AWAY from her heater.

The vet's office called with a cancellation- it's only 1 day difference but I'll take it.
So he's seeing her on Monday the 9th instead of Tuesday.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, I should have known!
I didn’t even need to bring up the topic to hubby: HE brought it up! He feels that we’ll be able to figure out a way to cover Jacques’ medical bills if it comes to another hospitalization.
To me, THAT IS LOVE!!!!
The idea of romantic love with candle light dinners and exotic getaways is all well and good, but TRUE love is working together for the things we care about.
[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Well done Hubby. [emoji1] [emoji1]

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Well, I should have known!
I didn’t even need to bring up the topic to hubby: HE brought it up! He feels that we’ll be able to figure out a way to cover Jacques’ medical bills if it comes to another hospitalization.
To me, THAT IS LOVE!!!!
The idea of romantic love with candle light dinners and exotic getaways is all well and good, but TRUE love is working together for the things we care about.
[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
That was very beautifully put. You and your husband sound like truly fantastic people.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
Thanks Mark!
I would only put her out during the day when we are home. I know we have raccoons and the occasional coyote making trouble at night, so she’ll be inside at night!

be cautious moving her around different enclosures , turtles are not overly adaptable . change can in itself inhibit eating ...........

MrMarg&me

Temecula California
I just caught up reading the thread. I was not aware Jacques was again poorly. I am very sorry this has recurred. You have done an awesome job caring for your little mud turt. Bless her little heart.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thank you, MissMarg [emoji2][emoji173]️, Bambam [emoji2][emoji173]️ and vladimir[emoji2][emoji173]️!

The love and support on this forum is so heartwarming!!!!

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
One of my first turtles is a western painted who weighed 2.5g when we got him, and he had a fairly severe respiratory infection. It took months, several recurring infections, about 6 vet trips, but the little guy pulled through! He's smaller than he probably would have been had he not gotten sick, but after 10 years he's still going strong [emoji16]

Jacques is a fighter [emoji846]

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
One of my first turtles is a western painted who weighed 2.5g when we got him, and he had a fairly severe respiratory infection. It took months, several recurring infections, about 6 vet trips, but the little guy pulled through! He's smaller than he probably would have been had he not gotten sick, but after 10 years he's still going strong [emoji16]

Jacques is a fighter [emoji846]

Thanks for that info, Vladimir- it’s very helpful!
I’m not nearly as experienced with sick turtles as I am with sick cats and dogs! [emoji2][emoji106]