Is my tortoise sick..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty1021

5 Year Member
Yeah I just let them roam for a few minutes of exercise in my room.

I'm getting a new setup for Turbo tomorrow and was thinking of buying two storage bins and cutting out the sides and putting them together. Can you help me pick out substrate that he'd like? I use a mix of forrest floor and cypress mulch at the moment. Is there other things I should add to the cage besides the obvious huts, water, and food dishes?

I was thinking of a 50/50 soil sand mix? Is that suitable?

Frosty1021

5 Year Member
How's this for a new setup for Turbo (alone)? :)

Attachments

• IMG_20110611_160402.jpg
    IMG_20110611_160402.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 16

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I really like the two-in-one idea, Matt. Good job! Now you can see if being on his own clears up his nose.

I generally don't worry about clear nasal discharge or bubbles. Its when the discharge changes color or thickens, or if the tortoise stops eating, that I start to do something about it.

Frosty1021

5 Year Member
Thanks! He has only sneezed once (that I've heard) and he's been in there for about an hour now. He seems much more active and has a great appetite. So far so good. Hopefully he'll go back to the normal Turbo I know he can be. :)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Looks good Matt. You have done well. Keep an eye on him, and I bet you see improvement.

Frosty1021

5 Year Member
Thanks! I'm going to plant a few plants in there as well, and add a UVA/UVB light to the setup. Feel free to post any suggestions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.