Info on Shipping

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I thought I'd show you how baby tortoises shipped through shipyourreptiles.com process. I received a beautiful aberrant scute baby from @Tortlex today. It came in a box like this:

shipment a.jpg
And inside the box:
shipment b.jpg

shipment c.jpg

The baby was in a deli cup on moist paper towels. There was no way he was going to tip himself over:shipment d.jpg

And now he's soaking in warm water:shipment e.jpg

I'm completely happy with shipyourreptiles.com. They sell you the box and supplies (if you want) and they have a nice instruction sheet on their home page that helps you through the shipping process.

Chasen

Galveston
I thought I'd show you how baby tortoises shipped through shipyourreptiles.com process. I received a beautiful aberrant scute baby from @Tortlex today. It came in a box like this:

View attachment 268906
And inside the box:
View attachment 268907

View attachment 268908

The baby was in a deli cup on moist paper towels. There was no way he was going to tip himself over:View attachment 268909

And now he's soaking in warm water:View attachment 268910

I'm completely happy with shipyourreptiles.com. They sell you the box and supplies (if you want) and they have a nice instruction sheet on their home page that helps you through the shipping process.

Is that the smallest kit they sell? It's hard for me to judge the size of that tort, but it looks like he might be bigger than mine. I'm going to lay him on a tape measure tomorrow and then order the kit. I'm not worried that he will flip himself, I'm concerned that fedex will put the box upside down for any extended period of time. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, that's the smallest box.

Judy@SYR

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
Hi Yvonne! Thanks for the shout-out! What a beautiful little tortlette you got there!

For anyone concerned about the safety of these little beauties during shipping, please know that we've shipped thousands of tortoises with great success. If you go to our website at ShipYourReptiles.com and follow all our packaging and shipping instructions, you'll have the absolute best chance possible to ship safely across the country.

We love supporting great sites like Tortoise Forum. We sincerely believe that the overall health and well-being of the reptile-loving community depends on supporting each other and all those that do their best to promote the best interest of the reptiles we love.

Chasen

Galveston
Hi Yvonne! Thanks for the shout-out! What a beautiful little tortlette you got there!

For anyone concerned about the safety of these little beauties during shipping, please know that we've shipped thousands of tortoises with great success. If you go to our website at ShipYourReptiles.com and follow all our packaging and shipping instructions, you'll have the absolute best chance possible to ship safely across the country.

We love supporting great sites like Tortoise Forum. We sincerely believe that the overall health and well-being of the reptile-loving community depends on supporting each other and all those that do their best to promote the best interest of the reptiles we love.

Thanx for the support. Helps me feel better about the process.

Tortlex

Phoenix, AZ
Thank you for letting everyone know about this @Yvonne G . It was a great experience and I was fully confident that the baby tortoise would arrive safely. Looking forward to seeing how well he grows and matures in your care!