Shipping questions with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
I'm moving because of my boyfriend's job. :p His company transferred from Chicago to Irvine.
Thanks for all your help!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Phew, he made it!!
The lady at the UPS store was SO NICE and she put signs and writing all over the box warning them to please be careful. She told me she would track the package herself too to make sure everything was okay.
He was delivered this morning...I heard the UPS truck and ran outside. I watched the man drop the box, and carry it sideways to me... *cringe*

Nelson was very cold and seemed pretty freaked out (aka not moving) when I took him out of the box. I set him outside in the sun and he perked right up! Now he's just chilling outside in an underbed container. I'll have to make him a new enclosure asap. I'm hoping he can live outside year round now since I live in California!! :) :)

He looks a little depressed in this picture but I swear he's okay. ;)
IMAG0546.jpg

Oh and it cost about a million dollars. Since the distance was so far they had to do overnight air, which is significantly more expensive! But totally worth it in the end!

Robyn@TRR

5 Year Member
Glad to hear of the safe arrival. Some clarifications:

-live reptiles must be shipped Priority Overnight regardless, no matter the distance. You can't send them 2Day or 3Day delivery, so there wasn't much choice there. This is per FedEx and UPS TOS, as well as for the safety of the reptile.

-I'm sure it WAS a million dollars. FedEx and UPS have a retail price that is at parity. They are the same. ShipYourReptiles offers at least a 20% discount off that retail price.

The UPS Store on the other hand, is a franchise retail store, and is "super" retail. They charge the full retail PLUS more. Unfortunately, you chose about the most expensive way to ship your tortoise, outside of a personalized pet relocation service. Sorry that I did not mention pricing and rates to you before, it would have been significantly cheaper!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
No worries Robyn! I did look at your website and it was very helpful. If I ever had to ship a tortoise again I would definitely go through your site. I did not have enough time to look at options this time. My plans changed at the last minute.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad all went well. Once he realizes he is in Cali and the snow is no more, he will perk up and probably do the turtle (tortoise) dance:D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
He is literally running around the patio...I have never seen him so active! Poster tortoise for outdoor living. ;)

Robyn@TRR

5 Year Member
I am glad to hear it arrived safe and healthy, that is the primary concern : )

Status
Not open for further replies.