If you could only have one animal as a pet .What would it be and why?

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Castleton, VT

I already have him ❤️

my cat whiskey, he's my cuddle buddy and is really more like a dog then a cat. he's a little over 20lbs and so love able

great drinking buddy too lol just kidding

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470018762.803545.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470018762.803545.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 9

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How well do you think they would do with long distance running?

I think they'd do as well as or better than any breed out there, but remember, they are a working breed. Not suitable for house pets.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Very cool! How well do you think they would do with long distance running? I'm actually going through the process of adopting a German Shepherd mix. Very intelligent dog.
If you want to do long distance running get saluki or a German shorthaired pointer

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
How about Luciano? Great guy, and he paid me a compliment when I first started in PSA that I'll remember with gratitude for ever.
i only know Lucillano by name and some of his dogs , Jose spoke of him highly . i believe norcal's had one of his dogs .....

Alexio

Syracuse, New York
I feel like a tortoise traitor but I'm going to have to vote ball python. They are so much more comfortable being held than a tortoise.

This is Lightning watching tv on the couch.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I feel like a tortoise traitor but I'm going to have to vote ball python. They are so much more comfortable being held than a tortoise.

This is Lightning watching tv on the couch.
I think your snake is really cool, but surprised that your tort is not comfy being handled. Well it probably helps that our babies have been handled DAILY since they were tiny hatchlings. Our torts are totally cool being handled. The only thing they don't care for much is having their hind legs or tails messed with.

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
Parrot! A medium to small sized conure to be exact. Parrots are my favorite pets. I love how expressive they are, it's therapeutic for me as someone who can't communicate well with people.

I'd love to get a Camelot macaw someday but I'm still on the fence about hybrids and I like smaller birds because they're easier to play with. That and there's less risk of losing a finger.