If you could only have one animal as a pet .What would it be and why?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Is farting an English bulldog thing?

Not usually. Its a Boston Terrier thing though. Just give them a drop of "Bean-O" on their food and it takes the smell away. You should tell your friend with the stinky bulldog.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What is their job to stay busy with you?

I train animals for movie and TV work. My mals work frequently and usually accompany me to work even when other animals are working. I also do bite work with them regularly. Its what they live and breath for.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
over the years i've known a few dog breeder/trainers from your part of the country that have produced and trained some really impressive dogs, the dogs of theirs that i have known were all bulldogs , they did also have the furry ones too ...... you might know a couple of these guys ,maybe all of them ? Matt Boyd , Al Banuelos , Marcel Harnois , Tom Riche , Joe Lucero and Jose Lopez come to mind ...... did you breed your own dogs ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
over the years i've known a few dog breeder/trainers from your part of the country that have produced and trained some really impressive dogs, the dogs of theirs that i have known were all bulldogs , they did also have the furry ones too ...... you might know a couple of these guys ,maybe all of them ? Matt Boyd , Al Banuelos , Marcel Harnois , Tom Riche , Joe Lucero and Jose Lopez come to mind ...... did you breed your own dogs ?

I know Al and Jose. Al is an amazing trainer. Jose is an amazing decoy.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Some people have also had good results with acupuncture which can help them with pain quite a bit
The closest acupunctureist for dogs is an hour away and I can't drive. She takes gabapentin Rimadyl and tramadol. And liquid health glucosamine 5000. And she eats a raw diet. So all of that together seems to be working.

Rue

Canada
It would be a very tough choice.

Dog probably. ..parrot is a very close second...cats third...

My old age is already planned: I will have my parrots and my tortoise. ..mostly because I won't have to walk them or struggle with kitty litter bags...lol. At the very least I should be able to handle changing the paper and cleaning water bowls...*keeps fingers crossed* :)

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I know Al and Jose. Al is an amazing trainer. Jose is an amazing decoy.
i figured you know some of those folks , maybe some of the others you'd know through their dogs ..... matt boyd owned hi-jumpin mike , schlll , and off him has produced a lot of titled dogs . banuelos got predator from kyle symmes , off him he got ike and nikko ....... kyle symmes is another west coast guy , his dog rattler was chance in the movie "homeward bound" ..... Tom Ritchie like Jose was a highly respected decoy ..... Jose has produced some hard AB's and owned some historic dogs........lucero , bred and trained bandogs ....... marcel has titled ab's in about everything you could title a dog in , his dog malo you may know ........ all of them real dogmen and trainers , in a profession filled with hacks and frauds ........ you wouldn't happen to know the Bybee's?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
you wouldn't happen to know the Bybee's?

I don't think I know them. I might know their faces or their dogs names. I stopped in 2008 because OJ resigned as West Coast Director of PSA and that was my club.

I think very highly of both Jose and Al. Al helped me prep for Nationals one year and I won first place with both of my dogs in two different classes. The guy is amazing. Jose is second to none in a bite suit. I have great respect for his skills too.

How about Luciano? Great guy, and he paid me a compliment when I first started in PSA that I'll remember with gratitude for ever.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Is farting an English bulldog thing? My friend has one who is a big lap dog and insists on sleeping with her mom which is normal to me. My dog used to sleep with me and now I love to have my cats around. So one time I was spending night with her and we had to share her bed for few hrs... Well, Beulah Mae (the Bulldog) was a fart machine!!!! I thought I wouldn't live to see a daylight! It was TERRIBLE!!!! In the morning once I didn't have to worry about waking up my friend I catapulted out of that bed and couldn't run fast enough outside to get some fresh air. My friend didn't seem to be bothered. She said after a while she stopped noticing it
I'd say yes . My Boston's and the English bulldog fart all the time . They say it's from getting to much air as they choke down their food . So you turn their food bowls up side down so they eat slower . Then put them outside for a bit to run off their food . Then they come back in and crash in their bed .

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
I train animals for movie and TV work. My mals work frequently and usually accompany me to work even when other animals are working. I also do bite work with them regularly. Its what they live and breath for.
Very cool! How well do you think they would do with long distance running? I'm actually going through the process of adopting a German Shepherd mix. Very intelligent dog.

Attachments

• IMG_20160727_155413494.jpg
    IMG_20160727_155413494.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20160727_155249638.jpg
    IMG_20160727_155249638.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8