I Need Advice (sulcata lethargic)

Myranda

Okay! I am going to go and make his enclosure as humid as I can given I have a mesh lid and can't really get a new lid at this very moment. I will read over the materials you have all given me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
In that case there are a lot of misleading informational resources out there. I've been told not to have the enclosure humid, but to keep it dry and desert - like

Most everything you read is outdated. What we're telling you here is from current studies. Sulcatas hatch out during the monsoon season and for the first few months of their life, they live in wet, green and warm/hot conditions. They don't come from the desert like we've all been told. Forget what you've heard and read, and trust us.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
You can cover the parts of the screen lid that don't have lights on them with foil to keep in the humidity.

Do you have a UVB light? If so, what kind? A soft shell is a sign of metabolic bone disease.

You may want ot measure your tank against the floor size of a Christmas tree storage box. They have them at most places like Walmart, Home Depot, Target, Etc this time of year and they make nice enclosures for babies.

Good luck, don't let the info overwhelm you and keep asking questions, it's how you learn.